Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How does everyone see week 1 playing out...

Bookmark and Share
    BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    21 to 10

We get up early and then sit on the ball in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Watch for Matt Speth to have a very good game (just a thought)

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Steelers 31 Texans 13
    Browns 21 Cowboys 24 OT
    Bungles-Ravens, I have no clue. They both leave me scratching my head. The Browns game will be close because its a home game for the Browns, and I still think the NFC stinks. I am not sold on Romo or the Cowboys. I dont care how many wins they had last year.
    The Texans could cause some issues for us because of our O-Line, but I still think at home we roll them up big. Are D is going to be in the Top 3 all year, and their Offense will be lucky to crack the top 20. Our Offense will be better this year than last year, and it will be too much for their D. I think the Steelers are the Sexy pick in the AFC this year to win it all. call me crazy, but I feel good about this one....

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    although i agree with you regarding the special teams, i don't necessarily think it is the "key" to our season. having a below average special teams unit is concerning but if we're talking logistics, the o line is a bigger scare to me than special teams. at least right now.
    How many games last year for example,did our special teams contribute to a loss,that we could have held on to win? I count 2 and maybe 3 counting the Jax. play-off game. I am standing bye the idea that special teams is the most standout portion of our team that must step up,and prove that they are improved.It all starts with the special teams as the first phase of our game.That is only my opinion,and i realize that.I worry more about that than our o-line.Hell, even Tomlin and the front office do not seem overly concerned with the o-line.I think they showed more concern about shoring up Special Teams,as well i think they should have.It is much easier for our defense to bail out our offense if need be,than to have the extra pressure of making up for s.t. blunders as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    How many games last year for example,did our special teams contribute to a loss,that we could have held on to win? I count 2 and maybe 3 counting the Jax. play-off game. I am standing bye the idea that special teams is the most standout portion of our team that must step up,and prove that they are improved.It all starts with the special teams as the first phase of our game.That is only my opinion,and i realize that.I worry more about that than our o-line.Hell, even Tomlin and the front office do not seem overly concerned with the o-line.I think they showed more concern about shoring up Special Teams,as well i think they should have.It is much easier for our defense to bail out our offense if need be,than to have the extra pressure of making up for s.t. blunders as well.
    I like to see it this way: You win by scoring the most touchdowns. You cannot score any touchdowns, if your QB or RB is laying around on the grass. They will, if our O-line dosnt pick up the slack. If we give up a TD on ST, we'll just have to score 2

I know its exaggerated, but hell :-P Id rather lose a game than having Big ben injured aswell.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I do buy into that to a certain extent.We have just under 100 sacks in the past two seasons,i have to accept that.I have to accept that our boys were in a transition with a new first time headcoach,and first time offensive co-ordinator (here) and,that was kind of well read through out the league. So predictable,that the o-line started to take heat. Not Big Ben moving out of the pocket,and not being where they all thought he was suppose to be,cuz he was making a play. Thats fine. He is at his best on the run. Maybe that is the scheme,hell i don't know. There are plays you can run to take advantage of your lines talents. They went out and brought fresh new, and used talent in,and let some old go.Keep in mind that Ben did make the pro-bowl despite that mediocrity.Now that brings me to the point.After we score and take the lead,our special teams give up that big play,and we are back where we were.Forced to pass.Pressure on an o-line. Our team was built on solid defense,offense that could carry out that big play when we needed it,and Chuck brought the realization that special teams were important,and sometimes imperative to be successful.That is the aspect of our game that has been missing.They spent a lot of time last training camp (07) working on trying to improve. They did not succeed.Tomlin took a different approach this camp,and i saw strides in the pre-season games.I hope it can carry over into the regular season.I am not taking the heat totally off of the o-line,but there are some other things we could do better.Special teams can spark both the offense,and the defense.I think thats what is needed,and that is my opinion. Thankyou for reading.

I think the Texans are going to be a surprise this season. I'm not just saying this just because I'm a Browns fan, and I hate everything Steelers. I just think that the Texans are going to put up a fight.

I think it will be a 27-24 win Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
    I think the Texans are going to be a surprise this season. I'm not just saying this just because I'm a Browns fan, and I hate everything Steelers. I just think that the Texans are going to put up a fight.

Except one of thier websites.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post

I agree it's not going to be as easy, no way we should overlook the Texans or anyone else. There are variables that we have to see unfold but if things go as planned and we don't turn the ball over or allow big special teams plays we should win by 14 points no problem. If either or both of those 2 things happen then we're in for a bigger dogfight then we'd like to be in.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Just be thankful Maddox isn't there to throw four INTs. What was that mess? Didn't we have 400+ yards to their 100+ yards and still lose? I know that was like 5 or 6 years ago but it still pisses me off. We should have the ball 35 to 40 minutes and grind them out. Done deal...no errors on our part and this is an easy start to the season. I dont see us over looking the Texans, but I dont see them giving us any issues. We should win this game by 3 scores.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Back in 2005 too the Steelers went down to Houston in week 2 I remember and the Texans opened the roof up when it was like 95 degrees and put the Steelers in their black jersey's and it didnt do anything as Ben and Willie had an absolute field day throwing and running the ball and beat the Texans I believe 27-7.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree this is going to need to be a game where the Steelers need to jump on Houston early and kind of take them completely out of their game in which case they will start to panic some and could lead to some turnovers and a lot of big plays for the Steelers. If the Steelers let the Texans hang around in this game let's say late in the 3rd quarter early in the 4th and do not put them away at some point in the 2nd half this game could go right down to the wire in the 4th quarter. I dont expect that to happen and I think the Steelers having the homefield advantage and all should win this game by 10-14 points when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 09-03-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information