Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does everyone see week 1 playing out...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This week 1 game is a great test for our ST as some of you mentioned, if we can't hold our own against a pretty good Texans unit then we know the rest of the season could be rough. Granted the first few games ST units can tend to be a bit out of sorts since you generally have young guys out there playing but regardless we need to stay in our lanes and be sure tacklers because 1 big return can spark a team like Houston who feels they have something to prove.

Waterboy
    CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! honestly i think were gonna kick ***, first of all were at home, second......there the friggen texans, comeon.....ratbirds gonna loose and dallas is gonna kick the browns ***. thats the way i c it going down.

I think Steelers will win, and they will control the game. The bengals will beat the ravens, not by too much, but they will win

im not sold on dallas yet. God i hope they beat the bejesus out of the browns, but im not ready to bet on that game. It all really depends on how well browns secondary's can hold down dallas defence. Its going to be a shootout imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I have all the hopes in the world for the special teams.we know it.They know it.Tomlin knows it.Every team we play knows it.I think they have addressed a lot of needs in that aspect,but they need to show the proof on the field of play. It will certainly take some heat off of the o-line.It has got to be three units working in tandem,and in this order.......SPECIAL TEAMS....OFFENSE....and DEFENSE........and SPECIAL TEAMS again.That my Steel brothers,and sisters,is a recipe for success!!!!!!

Reppin' 724
    Ben will throw for about 220 yards and 2 TDS, but Williams is going to get to him at least twice.

Willie will have about 89 yard no TD's

Mendenhall will have 54 yards 1 TD

Santonio 8 catches for 110 and a TD

Hines 7 Catches 45 yards

Heath 4 catches 50 yards and a TD

I think Troy gets his first pick in nearly two years....and the D scores a TD and only gives up 10

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Ben will throw for about 220 yards and 2 TDS, but Williams is going to get to him at least twice.

Willie will have about 89 yard no TD's

Mendenhall will have 54 yards 1 TD

Santonio 8 catches for 110 and a TD

Hines 7 Catches 45 yards

Heath 4 catches 50 yards and a TD

I think Troy gets his first pick in nearly two years....and the D scores a TD and only gives up 10
    And if this is wrong, you owe everyone on SA a beer
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Texans vs Steelers key matchup:

With all the talk about our Offense live this off season: The key match-ups are three:

James Harrison vs rookie LT Duane Brown: I remember how Harrision destroyed Cleveland rookie tackle last year and I see Harrison doing it again this year.

Marvel Smith vs Mario Williams: Williams came on strong last year, and is quick and strong at the point of attack. The sey for the Steelers is to pass on first and second downs. If the Steelers have many third and longs (10+ yards) it could get heated.

Willie Colon vs A. Weaver RDE: Weave is on 285 lbs and Colon strenght is run blocking. But becasue of Weaver speed, he gains the advantage on long passing down.

With the above infomation and the injuried secondary of Houston: I perdict the Steelers will roll to a 35-10 win and start the season 1-0

I hate to keep harping on this,but our special teams play is ,i think the key to our season. We can match up with any team in this league,except the ? mark on our special teams.Not our o-line,not our d-line,not our passing game,not our rushing game.Special teams must dictate at once,and no better time to start than the houston game!!!!!!

I see the Steelers beating the Texans. I am going to say the score will be 28-10. At home on opening Sunday, I just would be shocked if we were to not win this one.

Browns are going to get owned by the Cowgirls. I would be shocked if this game is even close. The Browns fans are going to get a huge reality slap Sunday evening.

Ravnes and bengals????????? Who cares????????? I pity the folks who are actually going to have to watch it. I think the Bengals may be able to sqeak this one out, 17-9, or something like that.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    I hate to keep harping on this,but our special teams play is ,i think the key to our season. We can match up with any team in this league,except the ? mark on our special teams.Not our o-line,not our d-line,not our passing game,not our rushing game.Special teams must dictate at once,and no better time to start than the houston game!!!!!!
    although i agree with you regarding the special teams, i don't necessarily think it is the "key" to our season. having a below average special teams unit is concerning but if we're talking logistics, the o line is a bigger scare to me than special teams. at least right now.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information