Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuts are in

Bookmark and Share
    Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Cuts are in

www.steelers.com

PITTSBURGH ― The Steelers trimmed their roster to the 53-player limit today by placing one player on the Reserve/Injured List and releasing 22 others.

Eleventh-year QB Charlie Batch was placed on the Reserve/Injured List after breaking his collarbone in the Steelersí preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Third-year LB Arnold Harrison was placed on the Waived/Injured List after injuring his left knee in the Steelersí preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers. The team also placed rookie LB Mike Humpal (neck) and rookie S Ryan Mundy (ankle) on the Waived/Injured List. Both players were selected by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

The Steelers released 18 other players from their roster today, including: LB Patrick Bailey, WR/KR Eddie Drummond, P Paul Ernster, FB Billy Latsko, OG Doug Legursky, OG Matt Lentz, CB Roy Lewis, S Grant Mason, DE Ryan McBean, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Scott Paxson, DE Jordan Reffett, WR Willie Reid, WR Micah Rucker, TE Dezmond Sherrod, TE Lee Vickers, RB Justin Vincent and CB Travis Williams.

Wide receiver Marvin Allen will be added to the Steelersí practice squad as part of the NFLís international player development program. All NFL teams may sign up to eight players to their practice squad beginning after 12 noon on Sunday, Aug. 31. The addition of Allen enables the Steelers to carry a ninth practice squad player.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

sucks for harrison.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Gold Standard
    I thought Willie Reid might edge Dallas Baker, guess not.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So let's see here...

Legursky is a good candidate for the PS although having Stapleton on the roster and Mahan who can play Center might prevent that.

Im glad we stuck with Berger and not Ernster, Mitch will give us 1 solid year and that's all we need.

Im happy for Dallas Baker, the kid worked hard and deserved that final roster spot. Reid has had his chances and did have a decent preseason but that's about it.

Roy Lewis I thought had a real shot at making the team but Madison is a ST demon and that counts for a lot. Lewis will get put back on the PS.

I really hate to see Mundy & Humpal not make it, both guys got injured and just couldn't get enough playing time in to show their stuff. I would bring them both back on the PS in a heartbeat.

So much for the McBean project, but Eason had a real good camp and preseason and he should provide us some young solid depth.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-30-2008 at 05:25 PM.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Im glad they kept Baker over Reid and Berger over Ernster I think both of these decisions will be proven right here through the course of this season. Thought maybe Bailey or Lewis might steal one of those special teams spots with their performance on Thursday night but I guess not.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i liked Roy Lewis
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    So let's see here...

Legursky is a good candidate for the PS although having Stapleton on the roster and Mahan who can play Center might prevent that.

Im glad we stuck with Berger and not Ernster, Mitch will give us 1 solid year and that's all we need.

Im happy for Dallas Baker, the kid worked hard and deserved that final roster spot. Reid has had his chances and did have a decent preseason but that's about it.

Roy Lewis I thought had a real shot at making the team but Madison is a ST demon and that counts for a lot. Lewis will get put back on the PS.

I really hate to see Mundy & Humpal not make it, both guys got injured and just couldn't get enough playing time in to show their stuff. I would bring them both back on the PS in a heartbeat.

So much for the McBean project, but Eason had a real good camp and preseason and he should provide us some young solid depth.
    Mundy and Humpal will go on IR if they clear waivers.

Haha, Eason is the young guy...at 29.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Just glancing at the "new" roster... realized that Donavon Woods made the squad... seems like a good all around athlete. Welcome to the squad!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Woods is an interesting guy, at Ok St. he threw 13 TD passes as a freshman (scholl record.) He was then converted to safety and apparently then converted to ILB in the pros.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Woods performance in the Panthers game probably nailed his spot on the team...I'm glad he made it since I did like what I seen from him this pre-season....

Thread Information