Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: THE RB 1-2 punch

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Waterboy BigDaddyVato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    47

    THE RB 1-2 punch

    Keeping this brief I'm just excited and ready to see how our running back 1-2 punch works out. Willie was awesome last year until his injury and adding Rashad in the RB position will make this offense more dangerous and lethal.

  2. #2
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    so rushing about 50 times more then anyone in the league before he got hurt and only having a what 7 yard lead on the next rusher behind him in yards and only having 3 tds is awesome?? wow, doesn't take much to satisfy you lol

    but hopefully now that we have a legit back again willie will start to look good again, cause if we have to rely only on parker the season is over
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  3. #3
    SA's Biggest Fan
    SteelersWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,901
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    so rushing about 50 times more then anyone in the league before he got hurt and only having a what 7 yard lead on the next rusher behind him in yards. ..
    Hey Koopa, I understand what you're sayin about the yards and the number of carries, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the "leading rusher"--doesn't matter if it was on one or a thousand attempts.

    And if anything, it goes to show just how tough he really is--how many backs could carry that many times before they got hurt?? He's a work horse for sure, and I know you realize that the same line that Willie needed to block for him is the same line that allowed Ben to be sacked at least 30 times...I'll let Ben take responsibility for 17 of them

    FWP isn't the best back ever (doesn't have the best vision or cutting ability), but he's sure not the worst either--he stays pretty healthy, and he's not afraid to keep gettin in there and takin the big hits time after time...

  4. #4
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    Hey Koopa, I understand what you're sayin about the yards and the number of carries, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the "leading rusher"--doesn't matter if it was on one or a thousand attempts.

    And if anything, it goes to show just how tough he really is--how many backs could carry that many times before they got hurt?? He's a work horse for sure, and I know you realize that the same line that Willie needed to block for him is the same line that allowed Ben to be sacked at least 30 times...I'll let Ben take responsibility for 17 of them

    FWP isn't the best back ever (doesn't have the best vision or cutting ability), but he's sure not the worst either--he stays pretty healthy, and he's not afraid to keep gettin in there and takin the big hits time after time...
    Well said! You also have to see, that guys like Adrian Peterson had one of the best o-lines in the league to help him with hes yards. LT had a killer o-line. Willie had Mahan...

    Im not saying that Willie is as good as Peterson or LT, but he did pretty well last year if you concider the terrible conditions he had.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  5. #5
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Willie's stats will always be somewhat misleading, its' just the type of runner he is. He's a guy who won't get you that consistent 3 yds to run out the clock or that 4th and 1 from the goal line. He is however the guy who can break one for 50 yds at any given time and the guy who, if he learns to find the holes in the line, can get you 5-6 yards at a pop because he's small and has some power too. Willie is the starter on this team and Menhenhall is the young gun who will compliment him. I wouldn't want to just rely on Menhenhall either, you need to have 2 good backs to make any running game successful and not have your workhorse wear out at the end of the season. All successful Steeler teams of the past have always had a 1-2 punch and now finally Tomlin has his.

  6. #6
    Waterboy BigDaddyVato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    47
    What pleases me is someone who gives 100% at all times be it 5 carries or 500 carries. The mand did good last year and there is no denying that. Maybe with a stronger line he won't have to carry that often. Let's look at Emmitt Smith. He had a line that I could have run 2,000 yards behind. Lets look at Barry Sanders, he never had a strong line and could have been the all time leader if he didn't end his career early. Now lets look at WP, if he didn't get hurt he would've led the league in yards last year. Regardless if he carried more he still did a job well done.

  7. #7
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    Hey Koopa, I understand what you're sayin about the yards and the number of carries, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the "leading rusher"--doesn't matter if it was on one or a thousand attempts.

    And if anything, it goes to show just how tough he really is--how many backs could carry that many times before they got hurt?? He's a work horse for sure, and I know you realize that the same line that Willie needed to block for him is the same line that allowed Ben to be sacked at least 30 times...I'll let Ben take responsibility for 17 of them

    FWP isn't the best back ever (doesn't have the best vision or cutting ability), but he's sure not the worst either--he stays pretty healthy, and he's not afraid to keep gettin in there and takin the big hits time after time...
    larry johnson did it......... but why i'm not impress is because he wasn't productive, we were winning inspite of him, if dookie got that many carries he'd have the same stats, willie sucked *** last year, and is not a true work horse, if he was his numbers would have been a lot better
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  8. #8
    Keeper of Keys Dean Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    Posts
    4,075
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyVato View Post
    What pleases me is someone who gives 100% at all times be it 5 carries or 500 carries. The mand did good last year and there is no denying that. Maybe with a stronger line he won't have to carry that often. Let's look at Emmitt Smith. He had a line that I could have run 2,000 yards behind. Lets look at Barry Sanders, he never had a strong line and could have been the all time leader if he didn't end his career early. Now lets look at WP, if he didn't get hurt he would've led the league in yards last year. Regardless if he carried more he still did a job well done.
    Well said, and you are 100% right about all of it, IMO. I too could have rushed for 2000 yards behind that Cowboy line.
    WP would have held that title and been the first Steeler in like 60 years to do it. What a shame he got hurt.

  9. #9
    Waterboy BigDaddyVato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    47
    The main thing is we won't all agree on the same things but in the end we all are Steeler Addicts

  10. #10
    Keeper of Keys Dean Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    Posts
    4,075
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyVato View Post
    The main thing is we won't all agree on the same things but in the end we all are Steeler Addicts
    True...lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Year's Champagne Punch
    By Stairwayto7 in forum Desserts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •