Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panther game had some good and some bad

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Panther game had some good and some bad

Ben and the first team offense played 2 drives and after the center exchange fumble they were able to pull it together on the 2nd drive and go right down for the TD courtesy of Carey Davis' 6 yd run.

The first team defense allowed the Panthers to drive down for the FG but then tightened up. Carolina is not exactly a powerhouse so these guys need to tighten up their game.

Sweed dropped a couple easy passes tonight, one was wide open for a TD.

Mendenhall had a real good game and ran hard, except for the fumble. The dude has potential but man he scares me right now in a game situation.

Leftwich was solid tonight and made his case to be the backup. He made several nice intermediate route throws that were right on the money and seemed to have a good grasp of the offense so far.

Did Ben even throw a pass???

Two last second FG's in consecutive weeks in a definite confidence builder for Reed!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-28-2008 at 11:13 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'm not worried about mendenhall, willie fumbled a few times the last couple of years and ppl don't worry about him, i feel better now that we have a running back that willie can complement lol

get used to the easy dropped passes from sweed, it will happen regularly, but he will make clutch catches so that's all that matters
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Preseason is over. Cuts are coming, and the next thing you know it all means something. The opening day of the regular season is like Christmas to me. I can't wait.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

Sweed dropped a couple easy passes tonight, one was wide open for a TD.
    for some reason that is not a shocker I didnt get to see the game but I am sure it will be on NFL network today and all weekend so I will.

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It was a real pretty pass from Leftwich, he had Sweed right in stride after he beat his man and it was an easy jog right into the end zone. The ball hit him in the hands he turned his head slightly to start running and then bobbled it and dropped it I felt so bad for him.LOL

Uniontown area about an hr from Pittsburgh
    I'm out of town right now i rly wish that i could have watched the game but it wasn't on any tv stations so i found a radio station online and listened to it lol it just isn't the same without the picture.
    BFields

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Considering that only about 50,000 fans showed up and none of the Panthers starters even played it wasn't a great performance by any stretch. Your typical 4th preseason game when nobody wants to be out there except the backups trying to make the team and they tend to press so hard that they force the issue and end up making more mistakes than they did in the 1st game..LOL.

Im just glad preseason is over!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersgal86 View Post
    for some reason that is not a shocker I didnt get to see the game but I am sure it will be on NFL network today and all weekend so I will.
    Its on NFL network @11am pacific time today. I already set my Tivo. I didn't see it scheduled for any time in the next 3 days though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It was a real pretty pass from Leftwich, he had Sweed right in stride after he beat his man and it was an easy jog right into the end zone. The ball hit him in the hands he turned his head slightly to start running and then bobbled it and dropped it I felt so bad for him.LOL
    He'll get it together, and be huge for us in the red zone. Just as long as he doesn't jump up off the ground after catching a first down and spike the ball like some one I remember.....lol
    Last edited by Dean Denton; 08-29-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Its on NFL network @11am pacific time today. I already set my Tivo. I didn't see it scheduled for any time in the next 3 days though.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]

He'll get it together, and be huge for us in the red zone. Just as long as he doesn't jump up off the ground after catching a first down and spike the ball like some one I remember.....lol
    I did the same thing so I can sit back relax and watch it tonight and best part...I know the outcome!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information