Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a good shot to jump out to division lead early in the year.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    You have a lot of definate losses in there for our division foes,and it all seems pretty plausible.However, predictions do not include variables such as injury,and such. Weather,can also play a roll. Preparation,i would not think to be a problem for us,i am sure that Tomlin and company are familiar with our schedule. I think us not being predictable on our play calling,and playing our greedy steeler d,will be our best way to come out leading our div.There must be execution from all of our units carrying out thier roles. Special teams first!!!!!!!Offense,and a shut em down, get the ball back defense! Pressure on the old Qb would help, I would like to see a + turnover ratio too. I have faith in our coaching staff that our o-line can be up to the task.They must have something up thier sleeves,i am not a genious,but i can get that drift.What it might be i am not sure,but i can't help to think that is there.They do have something up thier sleeve.I think it is more on the offensive side of the ball.If we play sound,fudamental football,i think we can compete with anyone that our schedule places in our midst.We are gonna have to without choice,to get where we want to go........The Super Bowl baby!!!!
    Here are the division games for all 4 teams the Steelers included in September.

Week 1 Bengals vs Ravens
    Week 2 Steelers vs Browns
    Week 3 Browns versus Ravens
    Week 4 Browns versus Bengals and Steelers versus Ravens

That right there with the Steelers included in there is 5 division games in the first 4 weeks of the season which is guaranteed for at least someone to have most likely 1 or 2 losses maybe even as many as 3 losses heading into October. Other games included for the other teams are the Browns have the opener of course with the Cowboys which they will probably lose, the Ravens have a game week 2 at Houston which they will most likely lose,and the Bengals have games with Tennessee week 2 in Cincy which will be a very tough game and that they could lose, and a game week 3 at the Giants which I think they will definitely lose.

10-6 AFC North Champs
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

If we head into our bye week 4-1, I will be tickled pink with that. I honestly see the Browns starting out 0-2. The game with Dallas will not be close. Romo and TO have to be greatly anticipating passing all over that secondary. I think that when we play them, we will eventually wear them out. That stretch in November where we pretty much stay at home will help us greatly. I see us going anywhere from 10-6 to 12-4 and winning the divison.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's imperative for the Steelers to start out fast this year because that tough stretch in November is going to really define our season, atleast as far as it looks on paper right now. Anything could change though but the way it's starting out if we can get out of the gate with a good record we'll be heading into the really tough games with some confidence and momentum.

Here's what I think:

Clowns invested too much on a one year wonder QB, Quinn isn't a starter, so they are out as a threat! Cinci sucks! Ravens are old on D and washed up...If we stay smart this should be no problem!!

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    How important does that opening game against Houston look! They are an improving team - not a gimmie.

I can't remember feeling like an opener against a non-division team was so important. You are all so right - we've got to get out of the block fast and hold on tight when things get difficult (kinda like last year)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelfordWexler View Post
    How important does that opening game against Houston look! They are an improving team - not a gimmie.

I can't remember feeling like an opener against a non-division team was so important. You are all so right - we've got to get out of the block fast and hold on tight when things get difficult (kinda like last year)
    thats so true, if they dont win that game then the pressure is really on for us to beat those stains. i would much rather go into that game without it being practically a must win in only the second week of the season. no one ever wants to start out 0-2 especially with this brutal schedule we have.

Quote Originally Posted by $teelersRule View Post
    thats so true, if they dont win that game then the pressure is really on for us to beat those stains. i would much rather go into that game without it being practically a must win in only the second week of the season. no one ever wants to start out 0-2 especially with this brutal schedule we have.
    the schedule looks scarier on paper.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I just cant get a feel for the Browns after 3 games of pre-season football. They look like the same old Browns to me. But I would not be shocked if the rolled up the Cowboys at home. I hate the Cowboys a lot more than I hate the Browns. I dont really hate the Browns at all. I love the Match ups with the Steelers. We seem to win most of them, and thats probably why....lol

I guess I would like to see our division stronger than what it has been, and for us to win it that way. I hate it when were the best out of four teams and three of them suck. In the 70's it was the toughest division in football, and winning it meant you really had to kick ***. I often find myself rooting for those other three teams when they play outside our division, and always when they play the NFC. As long as we beat them, I'm solid. I dont want us backing into the playoffs because everyone else sucked. When we get there I want us already battle tested and ready to crush everyone. I think it means more if you win a division that is solid.
    And I could never root for the Cowboys to win anything. Americas team my ***....lol

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I been looking at the schedule the last few days for all 4 division teams the Steelers,Browns,Bengals,and Ravens and the way it sets up the first 3-4 games for each team if the Steelers take care of their own business for the most part and let's say even finish the month 3-1 they are going to be in total control of the division here pretty much for a good part of the year. I say this because if you look at the Browns,Bengals,and Ravens the first 3-4 games they are all going to play one another at least once which will give them all at least 1 probably 2 losses, plus aside from games against each other the Browns have games with Dallas and the Steelers the first two weeks followed by games at Baltimore and at Cincy. The best I see the Browns doing in that stretch is 2-2. If the Browns lose to Dallas the first week of the season and the Steelers beat Houston then that game in Cleveland on Sunday night in week 2 pretty much becomes a MUST win game for the Browns because if they lose that game to the Steelers they would then be virtually 3 games behind them already losing the tiebraker. If that happens the Browns will really start questioning themselves and could possibly fall apart very early on in the year.

The Ravens have a game with Cincy in Baltimore to open up which is a toss up either way one of them will have a loss, followed by a game at Houston which they will definitely lose I think,then they host Cleveland which once again will give another loss to a division team, then they play the Steelers here on Monday night which they will definitely lose as well. The best I see the Ravens doing in that stretch is 1-3. Lastly, the Bengals open up at Baltimore which again could go either way and regardless will give one of them at least one loss already. Then, they host Tennessee who is going to definitely want payback on them since they beat them very badly down in Cincy last season. Next they go to New York to play the Giants in a game they will definitely lose because Cincy can never win tough games on the road anymore. Then they come back home to host the Browns which again will give at least one of them another loss in the division, followed by a game at Dallas the next week which the Bengals will once again definitely lose. I see the Bengals going no better then 2-3 in their first 5 games but 1-4 is probably a safer bet. I see the Steelers going 3-1 in their first 4 games beating Houston and Baltimore here at home, and most likely splitting the games with the Browns and Eagles on the road.

If I had to pick one to lose I will say the Eagles because it's a non-conference game and it wont really have too much affect on tiebrakers of any sort. The Steelers could also win that game in Philly as well and maybe they run the table in September and go 4-0 who knows it's very very possible. The key game in this stretch is definitely week 2 against the Browns because they are the Steelers biggest threat. The Ravens and Bengals virtually have no chance to do anything in this division the way things look for them so far they have too many problems. So as I said above should the Browns lose to Dallas in Cleveland the first week of the season which by the way I think they will,and the Steelers beat the Texans here at home which I think they will if they win that game in Cleveland week 2 they pretty much have an excellent shot to control the division early on and possibly even run away with it.

So far everything that was said pretty much on every post in this thread here has just about come true so far. This post was made the last week in August and I just thought I would go back in time just for fun and check it out and see what I said again and what other people's thoughts were as well in regards to the schedule. If you stop and take the time to read every single post on this thread you will see that everything we talked about and wanted to happen pretty much has happened so far...

Thread Information