Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Depth or lack thereof?

Bookmark and Share

WR Depth or lack thereof?

i think one of the teams biggest problems is the WR position. with hines not being 100% and the loss of randel el, its starting to show. i don't think ben has a lot of confidence in cedric wilson or santonio holmes at this point. someone he did have some confidence with quincy morgan got cut, i think that as well is coming back to haunt the team.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wilson is the one that bothers me the most. He really hasn't done anything yet this year. He didn't do anything last year either (played good in playoffs) come to think of it.

the confidence issue could be one of the reasons ben has been holding onto the ball so long, and also why he's forcing throws. maybe he feels he needs to make something happen because others won't.

My Mood
    Addicted
    When you look at our WR's you have to think about how long any of them have been playing together. Hines probably has more years than the others combined. Holmes is a rookie. Washington might as well be and Wilson is in his second year with us.

not a good sign for a team looking to repeat as champs IMO. add to the fact hines is not even close to 100%. the doesn't boad well for us.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    ARE wouldn't make a difference if he was here or not. The WR's aren't playing well but neither is Ben. It's a 2 way street. If one sucks, then the other one isn't going to be successful either, in terms of team accomplishments. Most of our WR's are young.

Holmes - Rookie
    Reid - Rookie
    Washington - might as well be in his 2nd year since he didnt play much before

Ward and Cedric need to step up their as does Ben. How much of it is attributed to Ben not getting them the ball is as much as them not catching when they do get their chance. I like our young players but it takes time to develop and it doesnt help when your QB is playing bad.

My Mood
    Addicted
    El would make a difference in our returns but not much as a WR.

i would have agreed with anyone regarding ARE prior to the season. that being said now that its a couple of weeks into the season i would disagree. ARE was a safety valvue for ben, someone he could look to when he got in trouble. he doesn't have that right now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben has a safety valve, in Heath..but he's not utilizing him enough. Yes you're right ARE would be helping us out on PR, that's for sure, but as a WR, nope I don't think so. Ben has enough weapons around him to bail him out, he's just not seeing the field and making the decisions to get them the ball.

i disagree TG, i don't think he has a lot of weapons. if he did he would at least have one TD pass.

Thread Information