Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WR Depth or lack thereof?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think the WR's are getting open enough right now. That's why I keep saying I want Ben to bring the ball down and run more! Anything to stop taking the sacks and throwing the INT's.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Right, this whole thing is as much about them as it is about Ben. It's also as much about the OL and the RB's as it is about Ben. We win and lose as a team. Yes Ben has made some real bone head throws but he's also been running for his life way to often.

Rolling him out more, some designed runs, anything to keep the defense honest is definately a good idea.

maybe you guys are right, maybe whiz needs to design a few plays to buy ben enough time to look downfield to make a play, or run for it. i still believe our WR's are not anywhere close to where they need to be.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You're right, they are nowhere near where they need to be, no one on the offense is. Ben needs to make a bunch of nice safe short passes to start the game off, get himself into a rythmn and then work from there. This whole Run, Run, Pass, Punt scheme we keep trying just isn't working. It seems like they are limiting him to try and help him along slowly but in reality it's hampering him.

ARE was useful but not 52 million useful,forget him he is water under the bridge. Right now the whole offense is playing BAD ! The line is not giving BEN time to find any target let alone a saftey valve. Bottom line is everyone on offense needs to step up !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Bottom line is Ben is still struggling to get back in game shape and just doesn't have it right now! He is getting some protection but he his definitely very indecisive when it comes to where he wants to throw the ball. To much double pumping, half cocking of the arm... he needs to find his receiver and just wing it!

Ben is to good of a QB though to let this bring him down too much this year, he will get everything back in order I just hope it is before it's to late!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the key, how long will it take Ben to recover from being gunshy in the pocket, from trying to shy away from contact, from getting his arm strength back so that deep ball he threw on sunday is on target instead of getting intercepted.

I really think Holmes is going to play himself into Cedric's spot before the season is out. If he keeps progressing and getting better he'll be the number 2 or 3 guy on a regular basis.

Thread Information