Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Bills ( Preseason Game #2)

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    offside penalty on Reid, he just keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Come on D..i know its preseason,but make a stand and give the Offense another crack at it.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Wicked
    2 min warning

Ok, this is just from me "watching" sportsline. I will actually watch it tonight/this morning. ****ing Eagles taking precedence over teams I care about lol. Anyway, the pass defense seems terrible and I am glad to see the improvement on special teams (please note the sarcasm.) Timmons seems to be doing ok though. Leftwich isn't doing bad for not playing since like October. Dixon can apparently still run. Good to know. Willie Reid is sucking major testes. Go figure. I will not be surprised to see him in the first cuts.

Rookie Free Agent
    i know its pre season as well but why do we have such a hard time n critical stops in the fourth quarter?

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Two very bad plays by Ryan McBean not what you want to be doing when you're walking a thin line to make this team especially after bringing in Huntley the other day as well...

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    offside penalty on Reid, he just keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole
    yea i think you can stick a fork in this guy, he's done. Thought it was pretty much over with the Drummond pick up..but i think now it's official.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Timmons +

Rushing the passer

In coverage

In space

Timmons -

He struggles to shed blocks and may struggle in the run game.......Not saying he can't improve in that area.....But just pointing out his strengths and weaknesses......

I think he has a place in the sub packages since he can add so much...I just have some questions still about him in a base 3-4......But I'm excited about his potential...He is still a young football player...
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Even if he is just in the sub packages he will see serious playing time......The Steelers play in the their nickel/dime/quarter defenses a ton......Plus the only way he improves is by playing...So I would have no problem with him starting over Foote...

I wasn't knocking the kid....Just pointing what he does well and what he still needs to improve on....
    32 seems to have hit it pretty much head on IMO... Timmons is just now learning how to play ILB in the NFL..last year was basically a wash so this is really his baptism by fire so to speak. Timmons has a great motor and he's got enough speed and instinct to play in space and be able to drop back in coverage. If he gets locked up against a quality TE, Tackle, or if he is rushing up the middle and gets caught up by a Guard he's going to have some problems till he gets his his skills down more. It just takes time and reps which is what he is lacked last year. It's one thing to use a speed move coming around the outside but it's another to be able to get off the block of a TE or FB to get to the ball carrier...that's where experience is needed. He'll get it but it will take time.

the Steelers will use Timmons a lot this year; ideally you want to be able to rotate your LB's during the game to keep them fresh. Last year we couldn't do that because we didn't have anybody on the inside that was any good. Now we finally have some depth so I look for Timmons to get a lot of reps each week regardless of who's healthy.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Nice Dixon will get his chance to at the very least tie this thing up...

My Mood
    Wicked
    1:37 ball on the 20 bring home a W Double D

Thread Information