Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Who will win back-up?

    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Who will win back-up?

    Steelers have signed both Culpepper & Leftwich. This pre-season is going to be a fun one to watch. Who do you think will win the back-up role? IMO I think Culpepper is going to win based off experience.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My Mood
    If Culpepper is healthy he beats out byron hands down, but we can't go wrong with both of em

  3. #3
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Denmark, Aalborg
    hopefully culpepper. He just seems way better than leftwich, and kind of better than charlie aswell tbh.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  4. #4
    Captcoolhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    N.E. Ohio
    My Mood
    I like Culpepper but IMO, Moss made Culpepper who he was. He's not been the same every since they both seperated.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"

  5. #5
    Draft Pick 25MVPKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    RCA Dome
    Anyone that watched the Dolphins games knows that their lack of O-line was one of the biggest reasons Culpepper wasn't effective. 75% of the time, he'd not get a completion because he had zero protection. The other 25% because he wasn't using his head. If I had to guess, a lot of that comes from expecting to get nailed on every snap.

    If that's the case, Pep will make it. If he really has lost it, Leftwich will get the job. That said, I'd like to see Pep back to form and get the job, but I think it will be Byron.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

  6. #6
    Stairwayto7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    I would like to see Culpepper come in on fourth and one, everyone would be anticipating the QB sneak, then drop one off to Heath. His big body would be nice on short yardage to keep Ben healthy, some times run, some times not run. Keep them guessing

    **** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

  7. #7
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Central PA.
    My Mood
    the team hasn't officially signed either one yet; there's no official word from any of the major news outlets of any contract signings or terms of deals. As of last night Leftwich was on a plane but the team was trying to work out a deal.

    Having said that though I think I'd probably rather have Culpepper mainly because had he not tried to come back so soon from his injuries and had a better OL in Miami he might have been able to resurrect his career. Either way though let's hope neither of them has to play in a real game situation for us.

  8. #8
    Steel City Mafia # 632
    ItAintEasyBeingPeazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gulf Coast, From Central Pa.
    There is only one thing for certain with all this QB buzz....Mike Potts needs to start packing his bags.He was definately going to be one of the cuts anyway this just makes his stay a little shorter in Latrobe.

    These situations always make me wonder what a training camp player ends up making for his time..i know the get compensated for being at camp..just wondering if anyone knew the amounts. I'm sure it's probably more than i make all year.

    "He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

  9. #9
    Tailgate Coordinator
    Stlrs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    New Bedford, Pa.

    I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do the Steelers Want Kevin Jones?
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
  2. Health issues resolved, Clark's back on 1st team
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM
  3. Steelers Injury update 11/28...**Updated 12/1
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
  4. Official Injury Report
    By USAFsteelerfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts