Thread: Who will win back-up?

Bookmark and Share
    PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar

Who will win back-up?

Steelers have signed both Culpepper & Leftwich. This pre-season is going to be a fun one to watch. Who do you think will win the back-up role? IMO I think Culpepper is going to win based off experience.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If Culpepper is healthy he beats out byron hands down, but we can't go wrong with both of em

hopefully culpepper. He just seems way better than leftwich, and kind of better than charlie aswell tbh.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I like Culpepper but IMO, Moss made Culpepper who he was. He's not been the same every since they both seperated.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Anyone that watched the Dolphins games knows that their lack of O-line was one of the biggest reasons Culpepper wasn't effective. 75% of the time, he'd not get a completion because he had zero protection. The other 25% because he wasn't using his head. If I had to guess, a lot of that comes from expecting to get nailed on every snap.

If that's the case, Pep will make it. If he really has lost it, Leftwich will get the job. That said, I'd like to see Pep back to form and get the job, but I think it will be Byron.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I would like to see Culpepper come in on fourth and one, everyone would be anticipating the QB sneak, then drop one off to Heath. His big body would be nice on short yardage to keep Ben healthy, some times run, some times not run. Keep them guessing

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    the team hasn't officially signed either one yet; there's no official word from any of the major news outlets of any contract signings or terms of deals. As of last night Leftwich was on a plane but the team was trying to work out a deal.

Having said that though I think I'd probably rather have Culpepper mainly because had he not tried to come back so soon from his injuries and had a better OL in Miami he might have been able to resurrect his career. Either way though let's hope neither of them has to play in a real game situation for us.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    There is only one thing for certain with all this QB buzz....Mike Potts needs to start packing his bags.He was definately going to be one of the cuts anyway this just makes his stay a little shorter in Latrobe.

These situations always make me wonder what a training camp player ends up making for his time..i know the get compensated for being at camp..just wondering if anyone knew the amounts. I'm sure it's probably more than i make all year.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Tailgate Coordinator
    Leftwich!

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information