Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality

Bookmark and Share

Question Reality

1-3, and it doesn't look good. i don't think the team is a playoff calibur team this year. actually at this point i'd consider it a mulligan. what do you guys think, is this a playoff team? remember the patriots went 7-9 after they won their first super bowl, maybe the same thing will happen to us, then we can reload in the draft.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Steelers are most likely going to have to go 11-5 to have a shot at the playoffs. That means we need to go 10-2 from here on out. And those 2 losses better not be against anymore AFC teams. The Chargers and Jags already have a leg up on us.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I may be in the minority here but hell YES this is a playoff team, but we're just not playing that way now. Wholesale changes are not needed. It all starts at the top with BC. Whether that means a coaching change is in order or not, I don't know yet, or maybe its an offensive philosphy change, or maybe its just play the hell better and stop killing ourselves every week.

i think its going to be very tough for us SF. i just don't see that happening, unless other teams start to impload.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Oh it is gonna be tough. But as you saw last year never give up! I think we have the talent to do it and the schedule will be a little easier. The Browns twice along with the Raiders, KC and Tampa should be 5 wins. I think we can handle the Saints and Falcons also so that would put us at 7 with the other games being big ones. 2 against the Ravens, 1 with the Bengals, Panthers and the Broncos.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    In theory your assessment is correct, and I agree with you. Those should all be winnable games for us and we should be in the thick of it come December. The problem is when are we going to turn it on to start getting to that point, right now it's anybody's guess.

we'd also need some help, we need the ravens and bungals to lose some games, so we can catch up.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That is true TG. To have a shot at the playoffs they need to turn it on this week with KC. This is a game they should win easily but right now I'll just take the win. Hopefully that will get them back on track.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    we'd also need some help, we need the ravens and bungals to lose some games, so we can catch up.
    They still have to play each other twice so that will help. That and we need to take care of our own business before I even worry about them.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Exactly, I dont care if it's 28-0 or or 10-9..a win is a win, and that might just be the ticket to get this teams confidence back.

Thread Information