Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers could sign both Culpepper and Leftwich

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    leftwich is a bum.

culpepper was great few years back with moss.. after moss left, culpeppers talent left.
    culpepper = coldpecker yes im immature.
    better than your back up!!!

Steel City Mafia # 632
    I think it's ironic that about 2 seasons ago when we played The Jags it was a showdown between 2 rising superstar QB's with Big Ben and Leftwich dueling it out. Now Big Ben is a Franchise QB and Leftwich is watching preseason games hoping to get a call.It goes to show you the ups and downs of the NFL.

~ I'm all for bringing in both guys to see who wants it more..we all know Tomlin's stand on being prepared so if Duante comes in all Hamptified, which he's been known to do then I'm sure Byron will win that spot.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

They both wish they were brady quinn.

whats wrong with that picture? just 3 guys joking around. Anyone who knows how to have fun knows that. just keep the clothes on.

plus every single person in this forum would trade places with brady quinn in a min.

PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    better than your back up!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    They both wish they were brady quinn.

whats wrong with that picture? just 3 guys joking around. Anyone who knows how to have fun knows that. just keep the clothes on.

plus every single person in this forum would trade places with brady quinn in a min.
    If having fun means letting another guy touch my c*ck then I'm the most boring L7 guy you'll ever meet.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Daunte "Wounded Knee" Culpepper....If we could give him a new knee and trade for Randy Moss then I say no problem to him being are backup.....

Leftwich would be alright but he would could killed since the Steelers can't pass protect.......Lord Byron is as mobile as my grandma and she is dead...

It really doesn't matter who they sign....If Ben goes down this team is screwed......But they have to bring in another arm for the rest of camp and pre-season.....

With the Steelers looking at both......Is there a chance that Batch is placed on IR?....Just wondering.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Daunte "Wounded Knee" Culpepper....If we could give him a new knee and trade for Randy Moss then I say no problem to him being are backup.....

Leftwich would be alright but he would could killed since the Steelers can't pass protect.......Lord Byron is as mobile as my grandma and she is dead...

It really doesn't matter who they sign....If Ben goes down this team is screwed......But they have to bring in another arm for the rest of camp and pre-season.....

With the Steelers looking at both......Is there a chance that Batch is placed on IR?....Just wondering.....
    You got that right, this team goes as far as Ben will carry them, it's that simple. If Batch is healthy and Ben were to go down for a few weeks, Charlie could probably keep the team going along with the running game and solid defense till Ben came back.

I was thinking the same thing, if Batch were to be placed on IR but at this point it doesn't seem like it and with the pickings being slim for solid veteran QB's I guess they figure why not take the chance now to try out both and get the best of the worst so to speak before the season starts.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    You got that right, this team goes as far as Ben will carry them, it's that simple. If Batch is healthy and Ben were to go down for a few weeks, Charlie could probably keep the team going along with the running game and solid defense till Ben came back.

I was thinking the same thing, if Batch were to be placed on IR but at this point it doesn't seem like it and with the pickings being slim for solid veteran QB's I guess they figure why not take the chance now to try out both and get the best of the worst so to speak before the season starts.
    Here is another scenario......Steelers sing both Culpepper and Leftwich........Some other teams have QB issues or injuries...The Steelers then would have two of the top QBs left on the open market....Maybe trade one of them for a late round pick.....I would take an extra sixth for one of them....Not saying that would happen...Just something to chew on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Here is another scenario......Steelers sing both Culpepper and Leftwich........Some other teams have QB issues or injuries...The Steelers then would have two of the top QBs left on the open market....Maybe trade one of them for a late round pick.....I would take an extra sixth for one of them....Not saying that would happen...Just something to chew on.....
    True, good idea. And if nobody wants to trade, they just release them. Hmmm...

My Mood
    Clowns
    Exactly hopefully the back-up QB on this team is a moot point all together because if Ben is lost for any significant amount of time with this type of schedule this season the Steelers are in huge trouble. But seeing that Ben isnt exactly the poster child for quarterback's that can stay healthy you gotta bring one of them in and have them as your back-up over Dennis Dixon at this point who would be most likely be a disaster if he would have to come in and start on a regular basis at this point in his early career. This Steelers team and front office I think feels it has too much talent to risk that this year and thinks it can go far, and you would rather have a guys who have at least won and had success in the past in Culpepper or Leftwich as opposed to Dixon who we know really nothing about.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    leftwich is a bum.

culpepper was great few years back with moss.. after moss left, culpeppers talent left.
    culpepper = coldpecker yes im immature.
    And guess what?? We dont know what Brady Quinn is yet because he has yet to come in and play in a meaningful game situation in an NFL regular season game. We dont know if he is a dud or a bust or what he could be. Culpepper and Leftwich were also at one point what Brady Quinn was a first round draft pick.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 08-10-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information