Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MENDENHALL

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Mendenhall will prove to be better than Parker by mid-season.

Mark it down .... he's already better, the only thing he's lacking is experience.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

MENDENHALL

I love his number ......

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    #33 would have been a great choice of number.

MENDENHALL

As I live in Me. it's no surprise I didn't get to watch. The next best thing was NFL.com game day thing and it's ridiculous ........ in regards to "feeling" the action on the playing field. You watch a little football bounce back an forth on the screen ... kinda like NFL sponsored pong. However, they keep up incredibly well with the statistics ongoing throughout the game, so at least we weren't lost ...

I saw their mini-broadcast of Mendenhall's first carry .... holy crap is that kid rugged. Anyone else think "young public transportation" like I did. I mean before Jerome was a Steeler, playing Rams ball, kind of young man rugged.

He held on to that ball after a slashing 7 yard gain and bounced right back up to return to huddle, as the defender ( Oh ! What a huge hit!) is still on the ground trying to figure how a wall got put up sooooo fast.

The other player of most interest to me is LT. I was able to see him cover Philly receiver in the end zone and was on him like the shadow....... and the presence of mind ( at endzone's edge ) to roughly shove the receiver out:
    ( no 2 feet ) as the play was progressing. You don't cover that well or react that quickly w/o being very comfortable in your own "defensive" skin ....

Woodley and Timmons ...... yikes!!!!!!!...... MoS

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

Mark it down .... he's already better, the only thing he's lacking is experience.
    Not saying he won`t be, or isn`t already! But this is a good problem to have!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SCKid5: Dark Knight is perfect, I really hope it sticks ....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think there will necessarily be a starter or 2nd by mid season....

Parker starts and for a quarter, quarter and a half you get FWP, slash and dash and make you miss once and pay for it with a 75 yard TD. Defense is constantly on their respective toes every moment in fear of his speed.

Enter the Dark Knight; rough and tumble, 225lbs. of "wow, here's your NFL" cut on a dime and give you nine cents change kinda guy, and every hit the defenders have to make is another 1/2 step for FWP later in the game because of the tired (overly exherted but not on FWP's dime !) defenders.

If we don't use them in tandem, alternating to each other's strength's, giving one another a breather, creating fresh legs throughout the entire game while confounding the defense with two radically different to prepare for running styles, I'll be shocked and disappointed in our lack of creative Offensive play calling

MoS
    Last edited by MaineofSteel; 08-09-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Having both Mend and FWP on the backfield will make us just great. As Maineofsteel just said, if we use them in tandem, we will have two pairs of strong, healthy and fresh legs throughout all 4 quarters of each game, all season long.
    And there is still the possibility of the Pony Backfield... if we use it wisely, teams won`t know what to do when those two guys are outside on the field.
    Can anyone imagine being an opposing DC, and you see the black and gold come to the field with... Big Ben, Mend, FWP, Heath, Ward and Santonio... all at the same time?... i guess i would just start crying.
    Steeler addict from south..... waaaaaaaaaaaay south!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

Either way, like most here said, its nice problem to have. Im anxious to see a rested parker/mende in the 4th quarter. I cant imagine a worn down defense trying to keep with willie late in the game. IMO, it wont be until willie is in a contract year before we have to think about who is the better player/starter. Short of injury, i cant see Mende unseating him... but man they both looked pretty damn good! Once Mende gets his feet wet he is gonna be a beast!

Rookie Free Agent
    He looked pretty good, I loved seeing the other guy come out on the wrong end of the hit. He's gotta get the pads lower but we were all happy too see him in the black and gold.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    When I saw he was about to get nailed I was sure he was going to fumble but he took the big shot and held onto the ball and that's what we need. Parker has some fumbling problems periodically so it's good to see Mendenhall out there mixing it up and holding onto the rock.

Thread Information