Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MENDENHALL

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    When I saw he was about to get nailed I was sure he was going to fumble but he took the big shot and held onto the ball and that's what we need. Parker has some fumbling problems periodically so it's good to see Mendenhall out there mixing it up and holding onto the rock.
    Like siad in the previous post, Mendes pad level was way to high when he took that shot. Yeah he hung on and popped right up., but if he runs with more body lean he'll plow stright through any CB in the league.

I have replayed the game so many times to watch a few players. If you get a chance, watch when Mendenhall gets in space. He raises upright and when a tackler comes he braces for the hit, loses his feet and goes right down. Thats not what i expeced from him. Probley just first game jitters and trying to stay healthy thorugh preseason, but if anyone agrees/disagrees with what i saw let me know what you think.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Like siad in the previous post, Mendes pad level was way to high when he took that shot. Yeah he hung on and popped right up., but if he runs with more body lean he'll plow stright through any CB in the league.

I have replayed the game so many times to watch a few players. If you get a chance, watch when Mendenhall gets in space. He raises upright and when a tackler comes he braces for the hit, loses his feet and goes right down. Thats not what i expeced from him. Probley just first game jitters and trying to stay healthy thorugh preseason, but if anyone agrees/disagrees with what i saw let me know what you think.
    I noticed that also. I am hoping it was, like you posted,"first game jitters". I also noticed that on his first couple of carries, he looked alittle timid hitting the holes.
    This next game should be better in a sense that he now knows what to expect from other teams popping him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post

He was doing that same thing in the drills when we were at camp last week; he was very timid and thinking way too much. As he gets more comfortable he'll start to just play rather than over thinking the situation; if he doesn't he's going to get killed so either way he'll learn real quick.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just watching him tonight he's getting better but he still hits the holes tentatively at times and runs way to high when he goes into the pile. On the play before he scored you could see him get bounced around; fortunately he's big and strong enough to run over some people even standing up but he'll need to continue to work on lowering those pads and getting more power and being more decisive when he hits the hole.

He was totally exhausted after scoring that TD; he went over the bench and about fell into it..LOL

Thread Information