Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Questions with Heath Miller

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Exclamation 5 Questions with Heath Miller

Five questions with ... Heath Miller
    ESPN

LATROBE, Pa. -- The AFC North version of the Blog Network caught up with Pittsburgh Steelers starting tight end Heath Miller to discuss, among other things, his favorite part of training camp and whether his offensive line gets a bad rap.

1. How did you spend your offseason?
    Heath Miller: I took it easy this offseason. I had a few weekend getaways. It's always nice to get back home, which is in the southwestern part of Virginia. I made it back there a couple times and went to a few weddings. I think it's that time in my life when all of my buddies are getting married. But other than that, I just took it easy.

2. What's the best and worst part of training camp?
    HM: The best part is probably the ice cream after dinner (laughs). The worst part is just the length of it.

3. So are you a proponent of shortening the preseason? It would probably come at the expense of a 17-game regular season.
    HM: I think the regular season is definitely long enough. Sixteen games, that's a good amount, especially throughout Week 12 or 13 when it starts to take its toll on your body a little bit. So, no, I wouldn't trade it for lengthening the regular season.

4. Do you see any similarities between this year's team and Pittsburgh's Super Bowl team in 2005?
    HM: You know, I think it's a little too early to tell. We definitely have the pieces, but there's a lot of teams throughout this league that can say they have the pieces at this point of the year. It's all about putting it together during camp, being on the same page, and then playing in stride at the right time like you've seen the past few years. That is what's got it done.

5. Does the offensive line deserve the bad rap it's getting this summer?
    HM: I think some of it is unfair. What a lot of people don't understand is pass protection involves the whole unit, whether it be a tight end protecting or a tight end on a hot route, or a back protecting or a back on a hot route. At the same time, the quarterback has to be on the same page with everybody. So I think just putting the whole thing on the offensive line is unfair.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Smokin
    Very nice Heath likes his ice cream

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Spaeth steps up his game this year he and Miller could be the best TE duo in the league no question.

Rookie Free Agent
    I am a big Heath Miller fan. We loved him in college at UVA and I was chomping at the bit when we got him in the draft. Spaeth could also be something special, he is huge!

Great read~~~~

He's a true man of steel and a helluva guy,,,,,,,,,Cannot wait to see our offense in action this year !

Starter
    HEATH MILLER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love 4 games in preseason. I love to see the young guys battle and work hard just for a spot on the team. Because we all know there are quite a few pro's around the NFL who turns on cruise control once they get there big contract.

But then again, being a cleveland fan I know all about injuries. so Just sit the starters the entire game 4. But you can't denie the young guys chances to show what they got.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If Spaeth steps up his game this year he and Miller could be the best TE duo in the league no question.
    even if speath steps his game up we won't have the best duo cause ben doesn't know who to use them.......... heath is a ****ing beast, he's on jason wittens level, but ben only wants to throw 50 yards passes and not use the beast that is heath.......... i blame cowher for this though, he made ben form this bad habit of not using tight ends it's just stuck with him

and heath is right, the sacks aren't all the olines fault, a lot of the sacks was bens refusal to throw the ball away
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hopefully as Arians new offense unfolds and Ben has more targets to throw too that he'll start using them more. Heath is usually good for a few catches a game and if they use Spaeth in the red zone he'd be money ever time...just toss a fade pass in the corner of the endzone and dare any DB or LB to out jump him..LOL.

Heath is still Ben's safety valve but I'd love to see him get used even more.

UVA vs. Miami...a few years back. Miami won, but Heath Miller made one of the best catches I have ever seen in person for a TD. Hopefully all those pieces come together like he said.

Thread Information