Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handling Hampton..***Update 8/10 - Hampton back with team!***

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar

Handling Hampton..***Update 8/10 - Hampton back with team!***

http://http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_581132.html?source=rss&feed=9[/URL]

So is Tomlin's handling of Hampton, which hasn't yet caused the still-massive nose tackle to regret his offseason or doubt what he'll contribute beginning Sept. 7.

"I just work here, man," Hampton said. "He's the boss man, so I'm going to do whatever he says, get right and get ready to help my team win."

Now would seem an appropriate time to let Hampton begin doing so in a helmet and pads.

Tomlin's point has been made.

Belaboring it isn't in anyone's best interest, especially the Steelers'

Prisuta implies that this is about Tomlin showing who's boss. Although that isn't a bad idea - I think there is more to this story. At Hampton's age and girth - taking most of camp to just condition is probably a great idea. He doesn't need the wear and tear. The reports from camp don't exactly make it sound like he's in fat camp. I think this is a little bit of the Strahan treatment - only he doesn't need to hold out to get it. Michael Strahan sat most of camp last year and had a great season. Of course - he was in better shape than Big Snack, but the lesson applies.

Tomlin gets to make a point, condition his big man and keep him as fresh as possible going into the season. I hope he sits out another couple of weeks.

I saw the name of this thread: Handling Hampton

And began to think what tools would be needed to handle him?? Crane came first to my mind!!

Joking aside, he has a terrible attitude IMO, and is selfish!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hampton needs to get conditioned and if that means working out minus the team drills for awhile then so be it. He'll some reps in preseason and practice and he'll be ready to go. He's no good to us in the 2nd half of games when we need him the most if he's 360 lbs and sucking wind on a crucial 3rd and 2 when we're up by 3 with 2 minutes to go for example. Tomlin may be mad at him; Im sure there's a method to it though and this is only the 2nd week of camp so it's not like the season starts tomorrow.

Honestly, as long as he is in shape and ready to play at week one, i don't really care to much Weight is really hes only problem, since he is still one of the strongets men in the league. He just need to lose some pounds and dominate again. If that means he can't participate in practice, well so be it :-)
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

He'll be ready to go sept 7 dont worry

I just want to know how you can get to 365 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I just want to know how you can get to 365 pounds?

AND LOTS OF THEM!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I think he can miss just about all of the preseason and not have any problems come week one.

However, not being able to get through the 2nd half is a problem. I don't think this is Tomlin's power play and for all I know Hampton doesn't mind skipping the beatings. Whatever it takes for Hampton to be a beast in week 17 and the playoffs, I'm cool with.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

Steel City Mafia # 632
    I'll have to agree with Tomlin on this...I noticed Casey's weight was kinda outta hand last year.He wasn't nearly effective as past seasons.You have to walk a fine line when your that size..you need to be big,but still in shape and apparently The big snack didn't take care of business in the off season.I have no doubt that he can get back to where he needs to be..but that's not what training camp is all about.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Tailgate Coordinator
    No excuse. Hampton should have been in better shape.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information