Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No its' not time to bench Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

No its' not time to bench Ben

Im listening to Steelers hotline on the radio right now, and there's been a few people calling in saying "it's time to sit Ben down and play Batch". That is simply a ridiculous statement IMO.

Ben is our guy, he's our starter, he's the QB we have and the one that can lead us. Now is NOT the time bench him. He's already gone through enough in the last 12 months that sitting him down now could potentially kill his psyche and set him back even further. He's got to work through this troubles' right now and the only way to do that is keep him playing, get the OL to block consistently to keep the pressure off him, and get the Running back to being a dominant force.

We're not talking about a Kurt Warner, or someone on the downside of their career that's just a stop gap for a younger player, We're talking about a SB winning QB, just 8 months ago. He's our guy and he will continue to be our guy we just gotta hang in there and keep trying. It's alot more than just Ben that got us into this 1-3 hole we're in.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree its not time to bench him. I agree also he is our QB. He just needs to play better thats the bottom line. But the whole team look like they quit in the 2nd half tonight and thats not a good sign.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes they did. The pass rush stopped after half time, the running game stopped, the secondary went out for beer and the offensive line went home to bed.

We havent played 60 complete minutes all year.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Has out special teams played yet this year? We had a good return again and of course got called for a penalty. At least we made a couple FG's....lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Yes they did. The pass rush stopped after half time, the running game stopped, the secondary went out for beer and the offensive line went home to bed.

We havent played 60 complete minutes all year.
    I thinking missing the playoffs might be good for this team. I remember reading a story on how the Pats when they missed the playoffs in 2002 after winning their first Super Bowl and how hungrier the Pats were the next year after being dissappointed about not defending their Super Bowl Title. The Pats then won the next two Super Bowls. I don't want to say the playoffs are out of the question for the Steelers. But its not looking good. But even if they don't I still cheer for them. Its just fustrating and I tend to go nuts at times.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Has out special teams played yet this year? We had a good return again and of course got called for a penalty. At least we made a couple FG's....lol
    Jeff Reed was 2 for 2 in FG's ! That's something we havent seen all year either, Way to go Jeff !!!

I just can't stand us not being a hungry team, we've always been hungry, I hate seeing us not finishing drives, not finishing plays, and not finishing the game overall. We just can't put a complete game together to save our lives. If we don't be careful the playoffs will be out of reach for us and it'll be too late.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    aww his "pshye" or wtfever you put is already gone, he's finished, we gonna have to start from scratch i guess.....but let him play out the season and maybe we can draft calvin johnson, the dude is a freak and with cowher gone we'll have a better offense and maybe ben can be used the right way next season with a freak target and holmes...hines is done too, he's still good but he ain't worth a damn when it comes to being number 1 wr
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You've been hitting the Chem. homework alittle too hard tonight koop...he's certainly playing like crap right now but he's not finished forever ya goof

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    as long as cowher is the head coach he is done, he needs a new offense to be good....we don't have the team to be a sit on the ball anymore, we should be more explosive..we just need a new coach that isn't stuck on stupid
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    aww his "pshye" or wtfever you put is already gone, he's finished, we gonna have to start from scratch i guess.....but let him play out the season and maybe we can draft calvin johnson, the dude is a freak and with cowher gone we'll have a better offense and maybe ben can be used the right way next season with a freak target and holmes...hines is done too, he's still good but he ain't worth a damn when it comes to being number 1 wr
    Koop, Cowher will be gone after this year. We just have to ride out the year with. I like Bill Cowher and he had a great career. I thank him for the Super Bowl win. But its time for a change. Change is good sometimes and the Steelers need change. We need an offensive minded head coach since Little Ben is our franchise. He hasn't earned the Big Ben title back yet.

But I honestly can't see the Steelers drafting a WR two years in a row in the first round. I know they did in 1999 and 2000 with Troy Edwards and Plax Burress but I just don't see the Steelers picking another WR in the first round in 2007. But Calvin Johnson would be freaking sweet.

Thread Information