Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bay traded to Red Sox

Hybrid View

Bay traded to Red Sox

"Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Wow. Three way deal that sends Manny being Manny to LA, eh? Hope the four minor leaguers Pittsburgh gets are worth Bay.

Well Andy LaRoche was LA's top prospect
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

We got Andy Laroche and Bryan Morris, 2 very highly rated prospects from the Dodgers, and Craig Hansen, a former #1 pick who from what I hear has been dissappointing in Boston, but still has alot of upside, and Brandon Moss, who I've wanted for a while now. I think Moss can be another Jason Bay. Maybe not QUITE as good, but pretty close.

Potentially a STEAL for the Buccos.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Nady and Bay both traded....Hopefully these young players develop into something......

PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nady and Bay both traded....Hopefully these young players develop into something......
    hopefully

Well lets put it this way, for once the Pirates traded their players at the height of their value for top prospects instead of trading at their lowest value for other has beens. This is a welcome change...

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    Well lets put it this way, for once the Pirates traded their players at the height of their value for top prospects instead of trading at their lowest value for other has beens. This is a welcome change...
    The Pirates didn't get any value for Aramis Ramirez.......That trade was a joke......What sucks about that trade to is that I live so close to Chicago so I'm reminded of that trade every time I see a Cubs game....lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    Well the World Series is the goal, not .500. You dont sacrifice the long term goal for .500. This is how small teams operate, they don't wait for FA and get into a bidding war that they will lose. You buy low sell high until you have the horses to take a shot, then you sacrifice a couple prospects to go for it. So once again explain how these trades were bad moves by the club? Nady was not going to stay in FA, Bay reverted to his all start form from his terrible year last season, his value was extremely high. Take the top quality guys for him now before he goes back to being terrible. These prospects are not going anywhere, its the way the system works you earn their rights for a long time.
    You're 100 percent correct....Nady wasn't going to stay and why should he...... Bay was having a good year and you had to get something for him before he went back to having a off year.....All we can do as Pirates fans is that these prospects pan out.....But the players brought in yesterday do sound promising.....

Would be nice if some of these home grown prospects would develop also......Nady and Bay were not home grown....They were obtained from the Padres in the Brian Giles trade....Which Giles was from the Indians organization originally....Thats the real problem is until the Pirates start drafting and developing their own players better they will never turn this mess around.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 08-01-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    im so sick of the Pirates being a glorified AAA team...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by heffrandotnet View Post
    im so sick of the Pirates being a glorified AAA team...
    This argument with these trades is ridiculous, explain to me please how the Pirates keeping Bay, Nady, and Marte will help us win a world series?

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information