Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These injuries with Ben are ridiculous...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Too much success too soon ! So I guess you'd rather him struggle for a few years and us not win the super bowl last year then huh.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-09-2006 at 02:24 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You don't think Ben loves the spot light and the attention. He loves it and thats why his head has gotten so big that he really is an ego maniac. You guys can't see it and thats fine. But Ben had to much success to soon and his head got really to big to soon.

You say I don't see it, I say I don't agree with you. Big difference!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Too much success too soon ! So I guess you'd rather him struggle for a few year and us not win the super bowl last year then huh.
    No but don't you think success like that could go to his head? He is only human. I probally would let success like that go to my head as well. Hey look at it like this if I didn't care about Ben Roethlisberger then I wouldn't care if he was stinking it up. But I do care and I do like Ben alot. But I just expect alot out of him. Sorry but I think he does take his talent for granted and playing in the NFL for granted. I have followed Big Ben since he played at Miami of Ohio. There is something different about Ben and I don't what it is. I just hope he regains his form I really do.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 10-09-2006 at 02:32 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sure it can go to your head, it happens all the time. The radio show was talking about how a recent conversation with Joe Gibbs where he mentioned that when a team wins the super bowl for the first time ever or in a long time, they face things they've never dealed with before and its a learning adjustment, that's why so many teams never repeat. Its up to the coaches to keep the distractions under control and the players to realize its time to play again and forget about last year.

Sure there's something different about him, we can all see that. He's not carrying himself the same as the last 2 years, he's not calm in the pocket, he's making bad decisions with the ball. As much as you want to say its a super bowl hangover or not working hard is the reason it all comes down to the fact that he's not had consistent practice or game time since the super bowl. He missed most of the mini camps in the offseason, he missed half of training camp, he missed 2 weeks of intense practice and game planning from his emergency appendectomy, he lost alot of weight, his favorite WR missed all of training camp and the 1st game of the season and he's just got to work through it. It's taking more time then you and I would like but there's nothing we can do about it but just hope he gets better fast and stops making the bad decisions.

My Mood
    Mad
    Top Gun I'm a firm believer in tough love. Thats why I'm such a hardass fan. Sorry but I don't want to sound like a jerk. Its just my way. Hey really though talking with you and the rest of the Nation lets me get my fustration out. I'm emotional person and take this game of football way to serious. But I'm over the loss already and ready for the Chiefs game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We're all so pissed off right now its not even funny. Ive been in a fit of rage ever since the 2nd half started. This team is just is not playing Steeler football. They're talking the talk but they aren't backing it up.

I take this game way to serious too, Ive been that way forever. When I say "us" or "we" referring to the Steelers, I truely mean it. Im a part of the Steeler family just like you. We're hard core fans and there's nothing wrong with that, no matter what my wife says.

My Mood
    Addicted
    My wife went to bed when the Steelers were winning so she didn't get to here me cursing the TV this time....lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    My wife went to bed when the Steelers were winning so she didn't get to here me cursing the TV this time....lol
    My neighbors heard me when they came home tonight. I heard them say since my windows were open. I take it the Steelers are not doing well among themselves. Then know how I am and try not to be home when the Steelers are playing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mine told me tonight..why do you put yourself through this stress..I told her there's no way around it hun, it's in my blood, I have to watch the Steelers and I have to be a hard core fan, I guess Im just a lost cause

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's just a bunch of bull, ben just plain out sucks, no excuses, and ppl making excuses should be shot in the mother sucking head for being a damn homer and not opening their damn eyes...ben just sucks, maybe he'll improve but he's hot garbage right now, and hurting the team big time him and cowher are no good for this team...good thing ben is still young and can change, cowher has to go
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information