Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These injuries with Ben are ridiculous...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

These injuries with Ben are ridiculous...

Now I dont know what was going on tonight but they said he had an elbow injury before the game because they showed him keep clutching and grabbing his elbow everytime he was throwing the ball during warm-ups. These little injuries and fevers and just all these dumb excuses before these games by Ben are growing to be very old. Its almost as if he is doing it on purpose to try to attract attention or to use as a cover up for his bad play. Ben needs to come out here and say and take blame and just say he isnt playing well. That second interception he threw tonight was just a dumb play to throw the ball while your taking a sack. However, the defense tonight especially in the second half was just horrible on 3rd down and just could not get any big stops or make any big plays when they needed too. It almost looked like they folded on that last possesion where they let the Chargers keep getting first downs and wanted to just get on the plane and go home. Just very frustrating to have 2 weeks off and come back out and play like this. The Steelers now for sure MUST win here next week against the Chiefs or this season will officially be over at 1-4 in terms of making the playoffs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben's trainer, and QB coach Mark Whipple said there is nothing wrong with Ben's elbow. He said it's something that Ben does alot in warmups in pregame and in practice.

Whether or not that's a coverup statement we don't know but we can't go assuming something like this until we have definative information.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Ive never see him do that in warmups like that before when he has thrown the ball. It just seems like there is always something bizarre going on with Ben before these games here. Im not saying one way or the other if he was faking it or just doing it to get attention. But he knows the camera's are on him in warmups and its just getting ver irritating to see them show these kind of things during the game where Ben is acting like he is hurt or something is wrong with him before the game starts. Whatever the case may be Ben still does not have a TD pass this year, and has 9 interceptions and just has not played well really at all here yet. This Steelers team will only go as far as Ben takes them and right now the rest of the team and Ben in particular with the way there playing are taking them right down the shitter. The motorcycle accident is affecting him I think and its going to be used quite a bit as blame this season if this team doesnt turn it around and do it fast. Ben anyway you slice it sure the guy is a great qb and has won a super bowl and a lot of football games. But the guy is still very immature as a person, he parties from what I have heard from people I know way tooo much, and has a lot of growing up to do as a person here and needs to get his situation with how he handles himself on the outside of football a lot more straight then it is right now. Because right now Ben Roethlisberger since this motorcycle accident has just been an absolute disaster for the Steelers. It needs to turn around and turn around fast or this season is going to be over.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I could care less what Ben does off the field as long as he isn't getting into trouble with the law. I myself think everything that has happened to him this year is taking a huge toll on him. Maybe they should have stayed with Batch a couple of games to let Ben get things worked out but who knows. It's easy to look back and say things.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree...he's just simply got to play better. There's no 2 ways about it. We live and die by Ben's play. I don't care who you are, if you don't have quality play from your QB you're not going to win consistently.

I hate seeing Ben have injury issues too, unfortunately he just seems to have an injury bug around him and he's gotta fight through it or we arent going anywhere but higher in the draft order.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    No Ben is just a drama queen QB. He is turning into the TO of QB's. He isn't the team cancer that TO is. But Ben just loves the drama like TO. From broken toes that Cowher denied him having. To broken thumbs or torn ligaments in his thumb. I heard both last year about his thumb. Oh I forgot about his knee surgery last year. Now its the accident and his appendix. Oh a fever, the wind, stepping on Marvell Smith's foot and now his forearm or elbow.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree its not time to bench him in favor of Batch or do any of this other crap that everybody keeps talking about here. Ben is the guy and whether he likes or not or the fans like it he is going to have to fight through it and work his way out of this funk its really that simple. As I mentioned in my other posts I still do feel if this team can somehow get a spark or get in sync like there capable of doing that the next 6 games are very winnable and this team can get to 7-3. As I also said I think that is the only way at this point I see them as having a chance to make the playoffs is if they win these next 6 games. The bottom line is if they lose the game here next week to Kansas City especially since they are banged up then heads are really going to start to roll here with this team and with the way Ben is playing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    No Ben is just a drama queen QB. He is turning into the TO of QB's. He isn't the team cancer that TO is. But Ben just loves the drama like TO. From broken toes that Cowher denied him having. To broken thumbs or torn ligaments in his thumb. I heard both last year about his thumb. Oh I forgot about his knee surgery last year. Now its the accident and his appendix. Oh a fever, the wind, stepping on Marvell Smith's foot and now his forearm or elbow.

Dude you really need to put down the beer ! A drama queen QB, what in the hell are you smoking ????? Yes he's had injuries but to sit there actually think loves drama like TO !! Gimme a break !

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't see where you are getting all this from? Couple surgeries and a major accident and he did it all for the drama? I don't think so. I don't think any player goes out to get hurt for the attention.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You don't think Ben loves the spot light and the attention. He loves it and thats why his head has gotten so big that he really is an ego maniac. You guys can't see it and thats fine. But Ben had to much success to soon and his head got really to big to soon.

Thread Information