Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still shooting ourselves in the foot.

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Do you ever hear or read about Ben and Hines Ward putting in the extra work like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison do. Those guys are some work out warriors. I really believe Ben Roethlisberger takes his talent and playing in the NFL for granted. Riding a motorcycle proved that. Disagree with me all you want I could care less.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well Ben and Ward have been injured all year so when were they suppose to go work out together? I think there is a lot going on with this team and it needs to be fixed. And that includes Ben. He didn't get to work out over the summer and then had the surgery a couple weeks back and I think his mind and body are just drained right now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Riding a bike is NOT a selfish act, get it straight. There's tons of players that ride bikes every day to practice, to games, and around town on their days off. Riding without a lid is stupid but riding a bike is not !

Ben loves bikes, so do other players on the Steelers...**** just happens sometimes when riding, its part of life. There's nowhere that says you can't have a personal life riding bikes when you're a player. The accident wasn't even his fault.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Well Ben and Ward have been injured all year so when were they suppose to go work out together? I think there is a lot going on with this team and it needs to be fixed. And that includes Ben. He didn't get to work out over the summer and then had the surgery a couple weeks back and I think his mind and body are just drained right now.
    Hines Ward played with a hamstring last year and had a very good year. Sorry but I'm tired of the excuses. I don't cut slack for anyone. Sorry but when you are getting paid the money these chumps get paid then I don't cut any slack. About Ben he is just lost right now and I think his lack of mechanics proves that he really doesn't work hard.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Riding a bike is NOT a selfish act, get it straight. There's tons of players that ride bikes every day to practice, to games, and around town on their days off. Riding without a lid is stupid but riding a bike is not !

Ben loves bikes, so do other players on the Steelers...**** just happens sometimes when riding, its part of life. There's nowhere that says you can't have a personal life riding bikes when you're a player. The accident wasn't even his fault.
    Yes it is was when a team invests millions in you then you shouldn't put yourself in harms way. There is plenty of time for Ben to ride a motorcycle when he retires.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben's hamstring was nothing even as close to the seriousness of the one he had this year. Ben's mechanics or lack thereof are a direct reflection of his lack of practice and playing time since the super bowl. It's not that he doesnt work heard, that's just a cop out statement. Unless sit at every practice, go home with him and wake up with him, you don't know anymore than we do..its all hearsay so you need to stop believing everything everyone tells you and what you see from the media.

Sure he's had alot of injuries, but if it wasnt for Ben last year we wouldnt have gotten to the super bowl, and that you can't deny.

As for this year, he's just not the same for a miriad of reasons and needs to work through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    If I do recall they worked out quite a bit on their off time last year. You don't usually hear that much about the workouts the players do on their off time. It doesn't mean they aren't staying after practice and working on getting into sinc or getting together at other times. Ben and Hines haven't been able to work together as much as they probably wish due to their injuries and surgeries but I do believe they are working very hard to get that chemistry back that they had last year

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yes it is was when a team invests millions in you then you shouldn't put yourself in harms way. There is plenty of time for Ben to ride a motorcycle when he retires.

It's not selfish, that's a typical media and disgruntled fan cop out ! My company invests alot of money in me to do my job and they dont' have a problem with me riding every day to work and whenever the hell I feel like. Every company invests money in their employees to do their job...its just an unfortunate thing that happened but stop blaming him riding a bike as a reason, it's because he wasnt wearing a helmet that got him so hurt.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hines Ward played with a hamstring last year and had a very good year. Sorry but I'm tired of the excuses. I don't cut slack for anyone. Sorry but when you are getting paid the money these chumps get paid then I don't cut any slack. About Ben he is just lost right now and I think his lack of mechanics proves that he really doesn't work hard.
    Ward didn't practice all preseason so that is Ben's fault? The Ben had surgery so I don't see where they would have had all the time to practice together until the past couple weeks. Nothing you said proves anything, it's just your opinion. Here's mine:
    Ben is still having problems from the accident and then the surgery.

Fans need to stop being so selfish. There was nothing in his contract that said he couldn't ride. The only thing that pissed me off was the he didn't have a liscense to begin with. That is the only reason he shouldn't have been riding.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Ben's hamstring was nothing even as close to the seriousness of the one he had this year. Ben's mechanics or lack thereof are a direct reflection of his lack of practice and playing time since the super bowl. It's not that he doesnt work heard, that's just a cop out statement. Unless sit at every practice, go home with him and wake up with him, you don't know anymore than we do..its all hearsay so you need to stop believing everything everyone tells you and what you see from the media.

Sure he's had alot of injuries, but if it wasnt for Ben last year we wouldnt have gotten to the super bowl, and that you can't deny.

As for this year, he's just not the same for a miriad of reasons and needs to work through it.
    Last year was last year Top Gun. I gave Een a ton of credit for having a great playoffs and carrying us to the Super Bowl. But hey when you play bad I'm going to be critical. Its the nature of the position. I expect more from Big Ben and really he flat out stinks right now. I don't care what happened last year. He needs to right himself quick or its going to be very long year.

Thread Information