Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel if Drunkenmiller becomes the new owner?

Bookmark and Share
    PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar

How would you feel if Drunkenmiller becomes the new owner?

I am honesty scared about the chance of Druckenmiller becoming Pittsburgh's new owner, "IF" Druckenmiller becomes the owner we could see Pittsburghs franchise turned inside out. No owners have more patience with head coaches than the Rooneys. What if this guy gets majority ownership and comes in firing coaches left and right, and the team falls flat. There's just way too many "what if's" involved. I pray the team stays in the Rooney Family . Share thoughts and opinions on the situation and "IF" Druckenmiller does become the majority owner.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Based on new information this morning the team could end up staying completely with the Rooneys so hopefully that works out. If Druck does up becoming majority owner he's pledged to keep the team in Pittsburgh and to let Dan & Art run the team like they are now so we can be thankful for that much.

It just goes to show that even our beloved Steelers, a team that we always just assumed would be synonomous with the Rooney name is not immune to the perils of internal family issues when it comes to the almighty dollar.

My Mood
    Cool
    Honestly, it just wouldn't be the Steelers without the Rooney ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Based on new information this morning the team could end up staying completely with the Rooneys so hopefully that works out. If Druck does up becoming majority owner he's pledged to keep the team in Pittsburgh and to let Dan & Art run the team like they are now so we can be thankful for that much.

It just goes to show that even our beloved Steelers, a team that we always just assumed would be synonomous with the Rooney name is not immune to the perils of internal family issues when it comes to the almighty dollar.
    i just hope that his "pledge" is worth something. nobody knows this guy. he could be just some dope with a lot of money.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As fans we almost felt immune to the constant buying and selling of teams that you see all over professional sports. I admit pretty had a " that'll never happen to us" attitude as well most of the time but now when you see what fans of other teams go thru you get a new appreciation for it...and it sucks big time.

The main concern first off is keeping the team in Pittsburgh and right behind that is the though process of keeping this team competitive year in and year out. If the Rooney's aren't the majority owners anymore then will the new owner rule with his heart or his head and will he be able to make the tough, smart decisions needed to keep the Steelers going strong and not end up in a rebuilding phase. Credit the Rooneys as much as Cowher and his staff for keeping this team in the playoff race virtually ever year since Cowher took over.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    i just hope that his "pledge" is worth something. nobody knows this guy. he could be just some dope with a lot of money.

I agree. If his pledge is golden, what happens if he starts turning coaches out every other year which equates to the Steelers constantly being sub .500. Its like a domino effect.. crappy coaching, crappy team, crappy record, crappy product, crappy income, losing money.. hey.. Lets move to Alaska!

I really don't think anyone would move the Steelers, but I also didn't think Modell would ever move the Browns either.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    He was a Hedge Fund Manager ..... I don't trust him as far as I can throw 'em.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Angry
    The amazing thing is that Dan Rooney only needs another 4% of total ownership to meet the NFL requirement that a family owned franchise must have one member that has a minimum ownership of 20%.
    Shame on his money hungry...money grubbing brothers who wont sell their shares to their brother outright......or at the very least each one of them sell 1.3% of their interest to him....letting Dan Rooney keep control and sell the majority of their shares at later date.

PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    The amazing thing is that Dan Rooney only needs another 4% of total ownership to meet the NFL requirement that a family owned franchise must have one member that has a minimum ownership of 20%.
    Shame on his money hungry...money grubbing brothers who wont sell their shares to their brother outright......or at the very least each one of them sell 1.3% of their interest to him....letting Dan Rooney keep control and sell the majority of their shares at later date.
    I hope they do come to an agreement where they sell him the amount needed to have majority ownership.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i hope drunkenmiller buys the team and changes everything cause i love change and i love to see all you pitt folks cry about change lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information