Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton, Polamalu, & Kemoeatu placed on 'pup' list; held out of practice

Bookmark and Share

Hampton, Polamalu, & Kemoeatu placed on 'pup' list; held out of practice

Hampton placed on 'pup' list; held out of practice
    Sunday, July 27, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin placed pro bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton on the physically unable to perform (pup) list today because he could not compete the team's running tests, which is part of the physical, after reporting to training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.

Hampton, who Tomlin said was overweight, ran five of the eight required 100-yard jogs and quit. Tomlin said Hampton will remain on the pup list and will not be able to practice with his teammate until he gets in shape.

Players were to report to training camp by 4 p.m. today.
    Post-Gazette

Not a good sign on the 1st day of camp IMO.

Tomlin seemed really pissed off about this in his press conference..while Hampton seemed to just blow it off and seemed like it was nothing...

How hard is it to be in shape for training camp? It is not like you don't know when it is and it is coming up?

They also said Polamalu has a tweaked hamstring, and is not practicing either...don't have a link right now though (it was on the 6 o'clock news).

here is a link: http://pod08.prospero.com/n/blogs/bl...ag=KDKA_Sports

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Polamalu (hamstring) and offensive guard Chris Kemoeatu (triceps) also were placed on the PUP list with Hampton. Neither is eligible to practice until they are removed from the list.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Just Fin great. I know the sky is not falling, but this is not how you want to start camp out. I mean, there is no excuse for it. These guys get paid millions, and they know exactly when camp starts.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not liking this news. Not how we needed things to start.

My Mood
    Cool
    This isn't exactly the way I'd like this season to start. This shows very little responsibility on Hampton's part. It's despicable. People would kill to play in the NFL and he's taking it for granted.

I don't think Hampton has ever completed those running tests, this ain't anything new...He has always been given a pass on them before. Maybe Tomlin is just trying to make a point... Troy is not a good start

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    I don't think Hampton has ever completed those running tests, this ain't anything new...He has always been given a pass on them before. Maybe Tomlin is just trying to make a point... Troy is not a good start
    I was wondering if this was something cower let a few players get away with .
    Now that theres a new sheriff in town these players may think different.

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Angry
    C'mon!!
    Casey was looking very fat last season and was looking every bit of 350lbs and not looking any where near his listed weight of 325lbs. This seems like a problem that's been getting worse right before our eyes.

BTW-Was Casey excused from the conditioning drills last year under Tomlin's first year??
    I'm thinking the big man has been sitting around too much in the off season with the feed bag tied around his neck.

Gold Standard
    I have personally thought that "Big Snack" has been playing too heavy for quite some time. If he played at his advertised weight of 325 he would occasionally stumble over a sack. He is so far overweight that he is easily winded at which point he is easily controlled by opposing lineman by single blockers. No need to doubleteam a guy who is gasping for oxygen from the 2nd or 3rd play on. Somebody needs to keep Big Snack away from the snacks!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information