Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farrior Wants to finish Career in Pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Farrior Wants to finish Career in Pittsburgh

Starting inside linebacker James Farrior, 33, wants to finish his NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers — even if it means he has a reduced role in the years to come.

"They're always going to have somebody try and replace you," said Farrior, who has led the team in tackles in four of the previous five seasons. "That's always in the back of your mind."
    Farrior, who has missed just eight games in 11 years, has been with the Steelers since 2002, when he was signed away from the Jets as a free agent to replace Earl Holmes. The team's oldest starter, Farrior is entering the final year of a $16.4 million contract extension he signed in 2004. And while Farrior remains optimistic about a new deal, he is realistic enough to understand that the Steelers' track record for re-signing veterans over 30 isn't good

If he takes a cut salary to stay, I say why not keep his leadership on the roster, plus unless he has a horrible season this year, which I highly doubt he can still play to a respectable level

PITTSBURGH PRIDE! STEEL CITY TANK's Avatar
    I hope Farrior and Hines retire in Pittsburgh. Hines is teaching the young WR. James is teaching the young ILB. It would be smart to keep the two.

That his play doesn't fall off this year,which it shouldn't !

Would love to see him stay a STEELER~~~~

We actually have a few young guys behind him who may be able to replace him quite capably. But he provides good leadership and is still doing remarkably well at this point, so he is still rather valuable.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I guess he's worth a little more than the veteran minimum. Farrior is pretty good.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Farrior is the leader on defense and playing as good as ever. He's a solid tackler, a good veteran presence in the locker room and on the field. As long as he doesn't want the team to break the bank to keep them then sign him to a 2 yr deal and let him stay on to help the young guys until somebody outright takes his job away. This year will tell us a lot about his future after the 2008 campaign.

his ability to play all 4 spots at a high level and his understanding of the defense is whats gonna keep him on the team...hes not joey porter, hes not looking for money at this point hes gotten paid pretty well thoughout his career and isnt looking to start over....he'll stay on this team, and i bet hes on the team longer than foote

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i love farrior lol, he is making a push to being my favorite player, he ain't flashy or anything, but just the fact that he's always willing to restructure his deal, well i don't know about always, but he did it a couple of years ago, and now he is willing to probably take less money and less playing time just to stay in pitt........ i wish more players were like that
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    As long as James produces then I have no problem with him being resigned....Even if he is getting older.....I hope he is resigned.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love Farrior. Like you said Koopa he isn't flashy, but he is good at what he does. A real team player.

Thread Information