Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers ink Bruce Davis

Bookmark and Share

Steelers ink Bruce Davis

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...rd-round-pick/

The Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with third-round draft pick LB Bruce Davis. Davis will receive a signing bonus of roughly $500,000 on a three-year deal, with base salaries of $285,000, $385,000, and $470,000 in 2008, 2009, and 2010, respectively
    everyone is getting 4 year deals and were signing all our guys to 3.

i like what i hear about davis but im still not sure how i feel about him...i really hope he turns out to be good because i really wanted Avril when we made this pick. He was very productive and not only looks like jason taylor hes a clone of him on the field

Rookie Free Agent

questionable

I agree KT. Davis looks good on paper but I dont know how he will translate to the real world of football. Steelers have so many LB's right now we needed help at DE for Smith. Our run D went to bubski when Aaron went down. I hope he comes in ready to get after the QB. IF we dont get more pressure from the front 7 our D is going to continue to get sliced. We got no love at CB this year and continue to mess with the very subpar Deshea"feet of concrete" Townsend!!! Come on McFadden!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like the options that Davis gives us, he's straight out of the mold of Joey Porter, IMO. He's got good speed, sure tackler, a trash talker, and definitely not lacking in confidence. He'll need to pack on alittle weight to his frame but still keep his speed; I think that's where we'll find out how good he can be for us.

Gold Standard
    Davis will not provide any help except on special teams for a couple years. I believe our defense will be better this year for the following reasons:

1. Woodley replacing Haggans.....nuff said.

2. Aaron Smith.

3. A more powerful offense that is now more capable of playing a "control the clock" kind of game. We will score more points this year and our time of possession on offense will increase significantly. This will keep our defense fresher.

Ever heard the expression, "The best defense is a better offense"? The Steelers O-line woes will be masked by a more explosive offense with more big plays and a more consistent running game.

I am pumped about this coming season. Yes, we have the NFL's toughest schedule, which will make us a tougher team! Come playoff time I would rather my team was 9-7 but hardened by a tough schedule than 15-1 but softened by a creampuff schedule (New England).
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bonesetter58 View Post
    I agree KT. Davis looks good on paper but I dont know how he will translate to the real world of football. Steelers have so many LB's right now we needed help at DE for Smith. Our run D went to bubski when Aaron went down. I hope he comes in ready to get after the QB. IF we dont get more pressure from the front 7 our D is going to continue to get sliced. We got no love at CB this year and continue to mess with the very subpar Deshea"feet of concrete" Townsend!!! Come on McFadden!!
    What the hell? Davis was damned good at UCLA. What do you mean "the real world of football"?

Deshea Townsend is a very solid veteran Corner. He may not have tremendous size or speed but he almost never makes mistakes.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Ever heard the expression, "The best defense is a better offense"? The Steelers O-line woes will be masked by a more explosive offense with more big plays and a more consistent running game.
    No, I actually have not ... personally I think you made it up. I have heard the saying, "The best offense is a great defense"

You don't have the luxury of more explosive passing plays and a more consistent running game without an O-line ...... PERIOD.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    No, I actually have not ... personally I think you made it up. I have heard the saying, "The best offense is a great defense"

You got me! I jacked it up but obviously you knew what I meant.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

davis is an extemely productive player...hes gonna be backing up woodley and harrison though....he wont get on the field much.

i hate when people say we dont have good corners

My Mood
    Frustrated
    OK, let's work on those top 2 picks already!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I moved all the Deshea posts into a different thread, http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14392
    since this thread is about Davis signing.

Thread Information