Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction for the next 6 games...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Prediction for the next 6 games...

Okay well Im going to look ahead because now the Steelers pretty much have too and they really cannot afford to lose another game here the next 6 weeks since there sitting here at 1-3. The next 6 games are against KC,@Atlanta,@Oakland,Denver,NewOrleans,and @Cleveland. Does anybody think the Steelers will run the table here and win these next 6 games. I think they have a chance if you look at all these games to win them all. KC next week coming in here is banged up they might not have Trent Green,Larry Johnson got hurt today in Arizona,Atlanta if you shut Vick down you can pretty much beat them which we have the D to do. Oakland should be a win any day of the week,Denver and New Orleans will both be tough but both games are here and the Steelers have the team it appears to beat the Broncos, and the Saints while they are 4-1 now Im still not sold that they are for real because they really havent beaten anybody very good, and struggled today against a winless Tampa team down in New Orleans. Lastly, the Browns while they are improved and have played teams like the Ravens and Carolina today tough I still think they are not very good and the Steelers should be able to beat them down in Cleveland.

After all this is said what does everybody think about there chances to win these next 6 based on what Ive said and that schedule. Ill go on record saying right here right now in my opinion in order to have any shot to make the playoffs they are going to have to win all 6 games in a row and get to 7-3 before going into Baltimore and Thanksgiving weekend. Its the only way based on the way the AFC is this year, and who the Steelers have lost the tiebrakers too already in Jacksonville,Cincy and now San Diego, its the only way the Steelers are going to have a realistic shot to make the playoffs is if they win the next 6 games in a row. Can they do it?? I think they can but its going to be a very very long tough road to climb here for them. This is clearly not the position or situation this Steelers team wanted to be in this early on in the season. If they lose to KC here next week stick a fork in them the season will be over at 1-4.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Looking ahead is pointless, we can only look ahead to the Chiefs next week, and make sure we win this game at home.

Having said that it's common sense that dictates we have to go 10-2 the rest of the season and not lose anymore divisional games, if we want any shot at the playoffs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Of course they can do it. I'm just not sure about this team. They don't seem to be able to put anything together. They need to realize that being the defending champs means every team they play is gonna bring their A game. The Steelers seem to think they just need to show up to win. If they keep that up I can see them going .500 over the next 6 games.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Of course they can do it. I'm just not sure about this team. They don't seem to be able to put anything together. They need to realize that being the defending champs means every team they play is gonna bring their A game. The Steelers seem to think they just need to show up to win. If they keep that up I can see them going .500 over the next 6 games.
    This is such a great post and I totally agree. They are living on last year accomplishments. Its that simple really to see that. I think Bill Cowher doesn't have the same fire for the job anymore. The players can pickup on that and its reflecting on their play on the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The only thing I will blame on BC right now is some of the play calling. I've seen him get very irritated on the sidelines during these last 3 games so I think he still wants to win and has the fire. I don't think some of the players do right now though. The one thing this team needs right now is some consistency everywhere.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As much as we blame the players, BC shares that blame. It's his job to keep these players motivated and get the plays called that will benefit us the most. But its also up to the players to take what he says to heart and act on it. It's a 2 way street and right now neither the players nor BC can get out of our way.

House of Steel
    I am very afraid to go to the game in Cleveland since the Browns will have revenge on their minds from last year's Christmas Eve Massacre. You know the way were playing, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if that game ends up so damn close of a nailbiting Bullshitter.

The way I see it, the Steelers have 3 potential losses if you look at it logically. Now, that's not to say the Steelers won't be illogical and lose to somebody they should beat, because they've been doing just that for the past 3 weeks. Anyway, the 3 potential losses I see are agaisnt Denver, Baltimore, and Carolina. We need to win that Denver game, because I doubt we're going to sweep the Ravens.

Now, I think we win next week against the Chiefs, especially if Green and Johnson aren't playing. And that could be the cure for all the Steelers' problems, a win. If we win next week, and carry it over and shut down Atlanta's running game, we have a chance to make the playoffs. If we lose next week, we're done. Period.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Now, that's not to say the Steelers won't be illogical and lose to somebody they should beat, because they've been doing just that for the past 3 weeks
    In a normal year as a Steeler fan we could make hopeful remarks like you made in your post and they would seem totally logical and nobody would argue with you..but this year I started out making the same statements like you made. We should win this game, we can win that game, this will happen that will happen...but this year we're totally out of character, at this point we can't look forward to beating anyone in particular until we actually do it. We can hope and say this could potentially happen but unlike previous years, its not a given.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I completely agree with you that all this team needs to do right now is just win a freakin game and maybe that can give them some confidence back and hopefully get them on a bit of a roll. As you have stated and I have stated the schedule is not very tough the next 6 weeks with the exception of Atlanta who is still not all that good, Denver here which will be tough but nonetheless the game is still here, and the Saints who are 4-1 right now but still dont look like there really for real yet having not played anybody yet and barely getting by Tampa yesterday at home. Then you have the Browns down there which might be tough but a game the Steelers still should be able to win. So the way I see it the only tough games the Steelers have if they can get by the next 2 weeks with KC and the Falcons would be with Denver and Baltimore up until we play Carolina in mid-December. You are absolutely right though we MUST win that Denver game here on November 5th. As Ive stated things dont look good right now but Im not going to give up hope that this team is good enough and that schedule says that we can win these next 6 games in a row here if we can just get 1 win and get our confidence back. Baltimore and Cincy will lose games here the next 6 weeks so if we can win 6 in a row and be 7-3 going into Baltimore on November 26th we still have a very good chance to make the playoffs and even still win the division. I agree though if we lay an egg to the Chiefs here at home this week this season is all but over.

Thread Information