Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Latest in Steelers Ownership Restructure **

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    But some of the the brothers and younger third-generation family members are asking whether a better deal can be put together if there is to be an ownership change.
    I wonder if any of the brothers or family members have lifted a finger to help build the franchise to what it is today.......or do they just have their Greedy-Grubby hands out to see how much cash they can collect.

This will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Getting a good idea of what the team's value in the open market is fine; it gives the other brothers something to look forward too as Dan and Art II work to make an arrangement. It's not like any of those other brothers are hard up for money or anything and Im sure the deal they want to make will be fair. Dan and Art II have the majority rights to the team as it is now so it's not like the others can just wave a wand and say "hey we're selling the Steelers, who's up for bids" LOL. This will work out in the end, it's been going on for 2 years now and this is the first we've heard about it out in the open. The other brothers are probably trying to force their hand alittle.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The latest article from the PG..

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08190...?cmpid=HBEHTML

I stand corrected; I thought Dan Rooney and Art II owned the majority rights but it looks like they are all equal rights so it's a good thing that both of them are on the same page to get the ownership restructured so everything stays put and in place. When it comes right down to it even if the other 3 brothers want out Im sure they still want to see the team stay in Pittsburgh and continue the legacy started by the Chief. Something will get done when the time is right.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Non-issue. The team will stay put and the ownership will continue to be dominantly Rooney. As usual, I think the press blew this a little out of proportion.

A deal could be reached within days to sell a majority interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers to the chairman of a Pittsburgh-based investment firm, taking control of the NFL franchise away from the Rooney family. The shares would be sold to Stanley Druckenmiller, chairman of Duquesne Capital management, making him principal owner of the team. Druckenmiller’s interest was first reported Monday by The Wall Street Journal, which said a secret study by Goldman Sachs valued the franchise at between $800 million and $1.2 billion.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    well mr druckenmiller...can we have field turf?

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Not surprised by this move. Does not make sense for the Rooneys to hold on to majority interest.
    Last edited by SteelersfaninPhilly; 07-08-2008 at 09:34 PM.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

The CW reported tonight on its 10pm news a deal with Drunkenmiller could be done by the end of the week. Of course it would need to be approved by the NFL owners before it would be official.

owners would approve it if it happened, its a code of conduct not to stick your nose in other owners buisness and they all respect the rooneys

As good as field turf would be, the Miami game was fun to watch. That punt was awesome, where it just stuck in the ground.

who would be the face of the franchise if the rooneys sold to druckenmiller?

Thread Information