Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moore off to good start with Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Moore off to good start with Steelers

Early reports from Pittsburgh suggest RB Mewelde Moore could prove a free-agent steal, the way we hear it, with the play of the ex-Vikings back in offseason workouts drawing comparisons to Patriots pass-catching RB Kevin Faulk from a veteran Steelers observer. Moore, who signed a three-year contract reportedly worth up to $4.95 million in March, has a chance to be Pittsburgh’s most formidable receiving threat out of the backfield in recent memory. The Steelers haven’t had a back catch 40 passes since Amos Zereoue caught that many in 2003, and you have to go back to 1994 to find a Pittsburgh back with 50 catches or more (FB John L. Williams, who caught a team-high 51 passes). Moore is unlikely to be in the mix for the team lead in receptions, but he could be more of an offensive threat than may have been expected.
    Imo, He just needs to stay healthy
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

I plum forgot about Melwede,,,,,,,Sure hope he comes through for us on ST

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Man I remember John L Williams, I was so happy when he came to the team way back then. He gave us a couple good years and it was nice to have him on the team; he could catch out of the backfield as good or better than anybody.

As far as Moore goes, the dude is already a legitimate, proven, threat and if he stays healthy our offense will have a dimension added to it that we aren't used to seeing. I can't wait to see him in action!

This dude had a good few months a couple years back until he got hurt. As long as he can stay healthy he should be productive and a good pickup for the Steelers... he could probably even return some punts

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Man I remember John L Williams, I was so happy when he came to the team way back then. He gave us a couple good years and it was nice to have him on the team; he could catch out of the backfield as good or better than anybody.

As far as Moore goes, the dude is already a legitimate, proven, threat and if he stays healthy our offense will have a dimension added to it that we aren't used to seeing. I can't wait to see him in action!
    John L was money on 3rd downs...He seemed to always know were the first down marker was and always seem to inch past it every time...lol Such an under-rated role player for those early/mid 90 Steeler teams....

its funny cause bg32 has thrown out the faulk comparions before

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If he can produce anything like Faulk does we'll definitely have gotten a gem and one of the steals of the FA market this season. It's funny, back when he was with the Vikings I was watching him play and I remember saying to myself how nice it would be for us to have a productive guy like that to play a 3rd down role for us...maybe Im psychic

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    This makes Parker even more expendible as trade bait.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    This makes Parker even more expendible as trade bait.
    Moore is Not an every-down Back that we can even consider the thought of trading Parker....

Moore for 1 can't stay healthy and 2nd, He only shows sparks but hardly/never gets on fire.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Moore missed four games last year....But in 2005 and 2006 Moore played in all 16 games......His rookie year in 2004 he played in 10 games....I don't know his rookie year he could have been deactivated and didn't dress for some of those games....So he might not have missed those games because of injury.....I wouldn't exactly call Moore injury prone...lol The NFL is contact sport so yea players will miss games from time to time...Plus will be only a 3rd down back and punt returner for us....

If he can prove to our version of Keven Faulk then I would call the Moore signing
    a success...He won't be a great punt returner but he will be consistent in his returns....Which will be an upgrade....

Thread Information