Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers acquire ex-Chief/Lion KR/PR Eddie Drummond

Bookmark and Share

Steelers acquire ex-Chief/Lion KR/PR Eddie Drummond

With D-sep out a void was left on the roster, so the Steelers look to boost speacial teams... with a Return man?!?

The Steelers this morning worked out wide receiver Eddie Drummond, whose main job with the club would be as a return man.
    Drummond, 28, was born in Pittsburgh and played collegiately at Penn State. He was drafted in 2002 by the Detroit Lions and spent five seasons with the team. Last year, Drummond played for the Kansas City Chiefs and averaged 21.2 yards per kickoff return and 6.9 yards per punt return.

For his career, Drummond has returned 250 kickoffs for a 23.2 average and two touchdowns, and 140 punts for a 9.1 average and four touchdowns. He's caught four career passes for seven yards.

Shouldn`t we be welcoming Punters for trials over Punt returners?
    Steeler addict from south..... waaaaaaaaaaaay south!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's just doing their homework in case injuries happen. Holmes though has said he'd like to return kicks but it's unlikely he'll get that duty on a regular basis from what we've read in the last few days since camp started. Moore is the man in the return game for us but they are also need to have backups available in case something happens.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I like the signing Drummond seems determined to do well here listening to his comments today. I think he can add a lot to the kicking game and be a good part of our special teams. I think he has a good chance to win a roster spot and make the team personally.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I never mind bringing in a player to help a need are....I just wonder if this is just another Allen Rossum.....Drummond was a very good return man at one time but so was Rossum....So I will wait and see how Drummond does before thinking our return issues are solved....But I don't hate the move....like I said at least they made a move to help the return game....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If he's brought in dirt cheap and can help out in the return game then why not; but Im really anxious to see more Moore can do for us on ST. If he is brought in that will spell the doom of Willie Reid for sure IMO; just in case they have any mental lapses in thinking Reid might be able to handle the job in a pinch.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I like the move... welcome home Eddie!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Jason Capizz got cut to make room for Drummond. Thoughts?

Lol on Cappizzi and I fu<king hate Drummond He has not been near the same since 04 when he got hurt (also his best year btw) Last year he was just bad. No other word.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Lol on Cappizzi and I fu<king hate Drummond He has not been near the same since 04 when he got hurt (also his best year btw) Last year he was just bad. No other word.
    Not gonna say i hate him cause he is a PSU guy!! But like rockers said he played very well and even made the probowl a few years back. But since he has been just an average Joe as a return man and useless as a WR. Lets not expect him to amazingly get back to probowl form. I like this move ONLY because it keeps Santonio strictly focused on WR. Let MeMo and Drummond/Bloom handle kicks!

Thread Information