Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much should we expect from Mendenhall in 2008?

Bookmark and Share
    yeah russell is a bruiser, i just think hes really gonna have to show something to get a spot on this team. And speaking of hitting their ceiling.....cough willie cough. What you see is what you get from willie, he is what he is at this point and in all honesty we are one willie parker injury away from having mendenhall be our starting RB for a long time

I would be perfectly OK with that.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Me liking or disliking Davenport has nothing to do with the conversation....But with Moore signing and the drafting of Mendenhall.......I see no reason to keep him.....He provided depth the last few years....With Moore and Mendenhall the depth is fine....Plus Russell is in the mix...Now if Davenport is competing with Davis at FB then maybe I see him making the team if he beats out Davis....But I don't think he will....Dookie is expendable and will be flushed.....

id really like to see something from MeMo first lol, rossum was really good once to and we were excited about him lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id really like to see something from MeMo first lol, rossum was really good once to and we were excited about him lol
    Rossum also was older then Moore.....It wasn't a total shock that Rossum was in the decline....Only reason I liked the move since the Steelers only gave up a 7th round pick...It was worth the risk when only giving up a 7th round pick....Tomlin also saw a need and I can't fault him for tying to improve that need...Better then not making a move at all....

Moore is solid at catching the ball and at blitz pickup...He has the inside track at the 3rd down back....He isn't a great punt returner but he is solid.....He will make the team......

i just wanna see what he can do first

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i just wanna see what he can do first
    I hear you Train.......But I have seen Moore some through out the years...NFL Sunday Ticket allows me to see a ton of football...Of course I never miss the Steelers but when the Steelers game is over I watch other teams games.....I didn't make a point to see a ton of Vikings games but I did catch some...I always liked what I have seen from Moore in the limited times I have seen him...He isn't a star or anything...But a solid role player which you need on your team...I also know Davenport is solid but with Moore/Mendenhall...I see no room or reason to keep him anymore...

While Moore is not a Superstar return guy, he can definitely take it the distance. Moore at one point actually looked to be a really decent back before injuries and draftees and FA siginings de-railed his career. He was one hell of a running back at Tulane.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    While Moore is not a Superstar return guy, he can definitely take it the distance. Moore at one point actually looked to be a really decent back before injuries and draftees and FA siginings de-railed his career. He was one hell of a running back at Tulane.
    I totally agree......Thats why I said he was solid...I just wouldn't put him in the class of Hester or Joshua Cribbs....Those guys are star return men...But no doubt Moore is a good punt returner....One thing to add....Moore won't return any kick-offs....He only has returned 6 since 2005.....He did return 20 in his rookie year of 2004....But the last few years he was just a punt returner......So I'm not looking for Moore to return any kick-offs...He will be the punt returner and 3rd down back...But when Mendenhall gets the experience then I'm sure he will get his chances on 3rd down as well...But I do like Moore and he is good for depth....

You're right he was a terrific RB at Tulane...Matt Forte is following in his foot steps....

lol at the KC comparison, priest was undrafted/willie was undrafted....LJ was drafting in the low 20s, Mendy was drafted in the low 20s.

Thread Information