Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Chargers (Wk. 5)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    i agree with two, troy is highly overrated, and so is ben....troy is fun to watch and all, but i'd take so many other safties over him, like ed reed, and roy williams

ben is overrated, he's lucky he had a good team or he'd be *** his first two years........

ward is not the reason we lost, he tried

porter is at time overrated, but he still brings passion for the most part
    Well Hines Ward isn't the reason we lost. But he doesn't look the same. He isn't smiling and to me is living on his Super Bowl MVP to much. Thats why I say he is overrated. You can't live on past accomplishments. This whole team is doing that right now. Plus Ward is also a leader on this team. I guess we really do miss Jerome Bettis's leadership afterall.

House of Steel
    I can just see Jerome saying, I TOLD YOU SO to all of us Steelers fans. I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Jerome knows what he is talking about. Damn I miss him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i hope cowher is fired this week, he is so overrated, **** you cowher nut huggers that are gonna run in here, you ain't a fan, blah blah blah, just know that i hate y'all that are gonna say that, and expect a big **** YOU, when you do say that
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    i hope cowher is fired this week, he is so overrated, **** you cowher nut huggers that are gonna run in here, you ain't a fan, blah blah blah, just know that i hate y'all that are gonna say that, and expect a big **** YOU, when you do say that
    Bill Cowher isn't going to get fired. But I'm telling he knows he is retiring after the year. So I wish he would just walk away now. Cowher and the whole team look like they just don't care. Its one thing to lose. I can live with that. But when you starting looking like you don't care. Then thats when I have serious problems with the team.

House of Steel
    Whisenhunt better get the job or Grimm. I am tired of this BS. Cowher, I think lost his pride, lost his fire, lost his passion anymore. It is so pitiful to watch this season unfold. We are going to be the joke of the NFL this year if they don't get their heads in gear.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Whisenhunt better get the job or Grimm. I am tired of this BS. Cowher, I think lost his pride, lost his fire, lost his passion anymore. It is so pitiful to watch this season unfold. We are going to be the joke of the NFL this year if they don't get their heads in gear.
    Agree, agree, agree. You can tell Bill Cowher doesn't care. The team can read that and it reflects with their play on the field. When I read about this team in training camp and how lazy the team looked during practice I felt it could be a long year. I want Whisenhunt. I think he could make a very good head coach. It looks like we are stuck with Ben as our QB. Hopefully Whisenhunt can make an NFL QB out of him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    damn i got over this loss fast, i guess that really means the spurs are playing lol, spurs won the two preseason games and now that we lost 3 in a row, i get to cut my hair

PLEASE tell me I didn't actually just read the line "Troy is overrated"...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ju read clearly....and i agree.....what has he ever really done, if ed reed doesn't get hurt he isn't really in the pro bowl... i'd take ed reed and roy williams over him any day, all troy does is run around and let his gay hair fly everywhere....

I'd take a one-armed Troy over both of them any day...and that's pure comedy gold: "What has he really ever done?".

Do you actually WATCH football, or just complain a lot about it? Troy Polumalu is redefining the position of strong safety in the NFL, and you can't see that? Hell, why not let the opposition describe it for you?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/footba...95_troy03.html

The Playmakers: Troy Polamalu
    By JON PAUL MOROSI
    P-I REPORTER
    Your eyes come for the hair, and hang around for the hit.
    Something about those out-of-control locks makes Troy Polamalu seem, well, out of control.
    "It doesn't give me an identity," he insisted at Super Bowl Media Day. "I think it gives the media an identity for me.
    "I just let it grow. I left it grow throughout college. I think it's become part of me, a fifth appendage."
    Fast and physical, the Steelers' Samoan safety has become one of the NFL's most recognizable players -- and perhaps one of its best, too.
    From his varied positions in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense -- he's been known to creep into the box with good regularity -- he finished with 100 tackles in the regular season, including 84 solo.
    He will appear in his second consecutive Pro Bowl later this month. And, of course, there was his midseason appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
    Even as a defensive player, in one of the league's middle markets, he has become a national celebrity.
    His perspective -- some Zen, some Christianity -- may have helped with his appeal.

As he said Tuesday, when asked how a violent game squares with his spiritual side: "I don't view football as a violent, barbaric sport. To me, it's a very spiritual sport, especially for a man and the challenges a man faces within the game -- the fear of failure, fear of gaining too big of an ego, of making a mistake and everybody criticizing you." His performance so far this season has fallen well above the realm of criticism. That should continue Sunday, whether the Steelers win or lose. He said the Seahawks are "very solid in every position group, and they're strong where we're strong."
    "They're definitely not a one-dimensional team, which isn't very hard to see," Polamalu said. "They have a strong offensive line, a very fast defense. It's going to be a tough matchup for us."
    SCOUTING POLAMALU

An economy-sized Junior Seau. ... Exceptionally instinctive, active and physical. ... Shows up everywhere -- in the box, in deep coverage, on run and pass blitzes. ... Disrupts blocking schemes, plays hunches. ... Almost appears to be playing his own defense at times. ... Demands special attention from offensive coordinators. ... Can turn his aggressiveness against him at times.

Thread Information