Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Is 15th Highest Paid Athlete. Where Does He Rank As A Best QB?

Bookmark and Share
    Don't bRUIN Your Life TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkbdj View Post
    Ranked up there with Eli Manning? Umm...guys, Eli Manning is horrible. The only time he played well in 4 years was this years playoff run. His regular season passer ratings are 55.4, 75.9, 77.0, and 73.9 respectively . Why do you think people were calling for his head earlier this season? He is a very average (or below average) quarterback and an INT machine.
    The Giants passing game was more conservative in the playoffs, setting Manning up to make fewer mistakes. I still don't see him as an elite QB, despite his superbowl win. The Giants made their run with defense. The entire defensive line should have been superbowl MVP. Eli was about as valuable as Brad Johnson, when the bucs won it all.....of course I am bias, because I'm a chargers fan...and we will forever hate Eli Manning for feeling he was God's gift to football, and good enough to say who should or shouldn't draft him...and that he wouldn't play for the Chargers.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think Manning is starting to come into his own; last year he was very average during the season but the game plan the Giants had in the playoffs definitely set him up nicely to help lead his team to the eventual SB win. I'll be interested to watch him this year and see if he actually steps up his game. I wouldn't want anyone else other than Ben to lead the team.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

PISSING CONTEST

The whole topic of where does Ben rank is basically just a pissing contest.

Honestly, I could care less if Ben is 2nd or 22nd .... as long as our team makes it to the dance.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Yes.

Drew Brees is a bit underrated imo. Yeah, he has had Bush, who has hands but nothing else, and LT who is the best currently. Right now in Nawlins where he has had 2 of his best 3 seasons, he has little at TE, a sub-par running game, and a mediocre receiving corps after Colston. He hasn't really actually had a good #2 since he got there. Joe Horn was on his deathbed his first year, Devery Henderson can't catch anything, and Terrence Copper/Lance Moore/David Patten/Robert Meachem don't really inspire confidence. He has had a pretty good OLine, but nothing spectacular.

Palmer did have an off year, but most people do at one point or another. In 2005 he was absolutely electric, almost unstoppable. In 2006 despite having a torn up knee, he had a pretty solid year. This year, he had no 3rd WR nor a TE who can catch, a putrid ground game, and a less-than-commendable line.

Hasslebeck had a great season this year. Despite injuries everywhere and a lack of a rushing attack.
    Why is Brady always #!? Since Spygate has come out my opinion of his athletic ability has gone down, let's see how he does playing the game legally. He was not the hottest ticket in town when he played for scUM...he was like 7th on the depth chart. His first 2 years he was a backup and even hred a sports psychologist to help him deal with the frustration of never actually getting on the field. After Brian Griese left scUM and only then did TB get to play, he battled out Drew He in 1998 & started every game after that. In fact he was cocaptain in 1999. He is smart, he graduated cum laude and he is ranked third in scUM history with 442 completions from 710 attempts............maybe he should be #1 LOLnson
    Last edited by Steelerlyn; 06-06-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

1.Manning
    2.Brady (spygate or not dude is a beast)
    3.Ben
    4.McNabb
    5.Brees

Manning- Smart, he runs the whole show and does it better than anyone. I believe Manning could put up similar numbers ALMOST anywhere (on any team) He calls his own offense. He's accurate short,long and intermediate. He has the hardware (rings, MVPs, probowls, Records)

Brady- I put him at second because i believe he is in a system that any of my top 5 would excel in. You put brady as the steelers qb last year and there is no way he puts up Bens '07 numbers. But he has Manning like physical skills and played quite a few seasons with **** poor WRs.

Ben- Short of a young/healthy McNabb, i dont think any qb in the league now would do as well as Ben did last yearbehind our oline. WHich is a testiment to how talented he really is. He is 2 good OL away from greatness!

McNabb- 3 straight conference championships with NO ONE at WR (until the 1 season w/ T.O.) says it all to me. Still IMO the best deep ball thrower in the NFC maybe NFL. Mobile,strong,smart... the only problem i have with him is his durability

Brees- Most accurate QB in the league when he is given time. He makes average WRs look like probowlers. He can make any throw on the field with pin point accuracy and does it all at a whopping 5'10 or so!!!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Ben is paid proportionate to his abilities. I'm willing to live with him being the 15th best since he is the 15th highest paid. My belief is that we will get our money's worth from him.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    1.Manning
    2.Brady (spygate or not dude is a beast)
    3.Ben
    4.McNabb
    5.Brees

Manning- Smart, he runs the whole show and does it better than anyone. I believe Manning could put up similar numbers ALMOST anywhere (on any team) He calls his own offense. He's accurate short,long and intermediate. He has the hardware (rings, MVPs, probowls, Records)

Brady- I put him at second because i believe he is in a system that any of my top 5 would excel in. You put brady as the steelers qb last year and there is no way he puts up Bens '07 numbers. But he has Manning like physical skills and played quite a few seasons with **** poor WRs.

Ben- Short of a young/healthy McNabb, i dont think any qb in the league now would do as well as Ben did last yearbehind our oline. WHich is a testiment to how talented he really is. He is 2 good OL away from greatness!

McNabb- 3 straight conference championships with NO ONE at WR (until the 1 season w/ T.O.) says it all to me. Still IMO the best deep ball thrower in the NFC maybe NFL. Mobile,strong,smart... the only problem i have with him is his durability

Brees- Most accurate QB in the league when he is given time. He makes average WRs look like probowlers. He can make any throw on the field with pin point accuracy and does it all at a whopping 5'10 or so!!!
    i dont think manning or brady would have gone far on our team last year, thats what makes ben special...hes a big man but his elusiveness seperates him, put ben on the patriots or colts and he almost has it to easy. if he could just drop back and pass to reggie wayne or randy moss he wouldnt know what to do with all that time and would probably roll oout automatically lol

I really dont think McNabb is Top-5 anymore. Yeah, he is still pretty good but not the best. Real big durability concerns, he has always had erratic accuracy, yeah his WR's would likely be 4th or 5th guys on some teams and give him MAJOR props for that. I just think he isn't as good as he once was.

Waterboy
    i think ben has to be at the top of the list as far as the best quarterbacks in the league goes. top five for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I really dont think McNabb is Top-5 anymore. Yeah, he is still pretty good but not the best. Real big durability concerns, he has always had erratic accuracy, yeah his WR's would likely be 4th or 5th guys on some teams and give him MAJOR props for that. I just think he isn't as good as he once was.
    I agree, but who do you put there. Eli, Romo, Rivers, Hesselback, Palmer dont belong IMO. Except for eli, all of them have have found ways to lose big games numerous times. Delhome, Garcia, Kitna can put up numbers but none deserve that status. Gerrard is looking like he could make a serious name for himself in the next few seasons... but i really dont think any of these guys have game like D-McNabb.

Thread Information