Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Is 15th Highest Paid Athlete. Where Does He Rank As A Best QB?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Ben did great in the playofffs but not really in the superbowl, did he?
    Terry Brashaw sucked his first four years..... Ben was huge in the play-offs and the Steelers don't make the Super Bowl without Ben....He was due for a bad game after playing well in the first three play-off games....Plus not to mention Ben was just in his second year as a pro...He was young so no shock he played poor in the Super Bowl....

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I think when you win the SB you automatically get thrown into the top QB's in the league status whether it's warranted or not. Eli was average best during most of the year then he was very good in the playoffs and the SB.
    I disagree. Call it the Trent Dilfer clause. Average at best QB's can win the Super Bowl. Super Bowl winning QB's do not automatically deserve to be overrated.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Until this season's over, I'd put him second in the league. He earned the right last season to be considered better than Manning for at least 07 based on his rating, TD's, etc. Overall (considering all years), I put him third.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'd put him in the top 5 in the league for sure. He's easily mentioned in same breath as Manning, Brady, Palmer, Eli Manning, and anyone else you care to place at the top of the NFL.
    no way....Palmer sucks...he wont do **** w/o 85....and winning an SB does not guarantee u greatness.....and Ben is an example....he sucked in the SB....but his last season proved what kind of QB he is.....Eli is still garbage....the best completion int eh SB( David Tyree) had nothing to do with him.

Ranked up there with Eli Manning? Umm...guys, Eli Manning is horrible. The only time he played well in 4 years was this years playoff run. His regular season passer ratings are 55.4, 75.9, 77.0, and 73.9 respectively . Why do you think people were calling for his head earlier this season? He is a very average (or below average) quarterback and an INT machine.
    "Can I have a taste of that humble pie now?"

Draft Pick
    I th[I]ink he is 3rd best

Quick List:
    1a.Tom Brady
    1b.Peyton Manning
    3.Drew Brees
    4a.Carson Palmer
    4b.Ben Roethlisberger
    5.Matt Hasslebeck.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Quick List:
    1a.Tom Brady
    1b.Peyton Manning
    3.Drew Brees
    4a.Carson Palmer
    4b.Ben Roethlisberger
    5.Matt Hasslebeck.
    Are you the source of this list?
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Quick List:
    1a.Tom Brady
    1b.Peyton Manning
    3.Drew Brees
    4a.Carson Palmer
    4b.Ben Roethlisberger
    5.Matt Hasslebeck.
    Drew brees is good but hes a tad spoiled, LT and gates to Bush, duece and coltson...LT and Bush are a QBs wet dream, all those passes out of the backfield to save your *** when **** breaks down.

Carson Palmer is extremely overrated, hes a statue....drew bledsoe v 2.0

and i dont really think hasselbeck is in the conversation, he doesnt really bring anything special to the table, he had one of the besr running games ever and when that dies out so did the seahawks...seneca wallace could run that offense just as good imo

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Are you the source of this list?
    Yes.

Drew Brees is a bit underrated imo. Yeah, he has had Bush, who has hands but nothing else, and LT who is the best currently. Right now in Nawlins where he has had 2 of his best 3 seasons, he has little at TE, a sub-par running game, and a mediocre receiving corps after Colston. He hasn't really actually had a good #2 since he got there. Joe Horn was on his deathbed his first year, Devery Henderson can't catch anything, and Terrence Copper/Lance Moore/David Patten/Robert Meachem don't really inspire confidence. He has had a pretty good OLine, but nothing spectacular.

Palmer did have an off year, but most people do at one point or another. In 2005 he was absolutely electric, almost unstoppable. In 2006 despite having a torn up knee, he had a pretty solid year. This year, he had no 3rd WR nor a TE who can catch, a putrid ground game, and a less-than-commendable line.

Hasslebeck had a great season this year. Despite injuries everywhere and a lack of a rushing attack.

Thread Information