Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for Ben to be Pittsburghs best QB ever?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

What would it take for Ben to be Pittsburghs best QB ever?

Not every team has this problem. Would Ben have to win 4 Rings to be crowned the best QB in Steelers history? He could definitley have better career stats, Bradshaw didn`t throw as much. But Bradshaw has the rings. Now many Qb`s have that to compete with.
    Joe Greene, and Jack Lambert will remain on the Steelers all-time list forever, Bradshaw you would think should be safe with 4 Superbowl titles and two SB MVP`s.

Also did Aikman over take Staubach as the best ever in Dallas history.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

i think hes got that **** on lock if he plays like he did last year, the game is harder, faster and more equal now days. 4 rings in the 70s is like 10 rings now imo

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    it would take 5 rings

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    it would take 5 rings
    and yet hines ward is gonna walk away being widely regarded as the best steeler wr ever....doesnt seem fair to me

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's not going to take 5 rings to do it because he will never be regarded as the best QB in Pittsburgh history. If he continues to improve and play on or above the level he played at last year he'll be regarded as a great QB mentioned in the same breath as Bradshaw. The debate will go on forever as to who is better regardless of the final stats when Ben retires because they are from 2 different eras. Terry will always be the iconic Quarterback in Pittsburgh, the house hold name that generation after generation will always know about but Ben has the chance to win a few more rings during his career and continue the tradition. The label as the best QB can be at best "shared" between Ben and Terry but it's an awful tall feat for Ben to take that title away regardless of how many rings he helps the team win.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    because he will never be regarded as the best QB in Pittsburgh history.
    yeah just wait til all of you that were alive for the 70s are dead and we are the old people....we'll see then lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Interesting question....I respect Terry Bradshaw and he was a great QB that always played huge in the big games......But Steelers Fans (Especially The Older Fans) over-rate him greatly......I just think Terry had a ton of help around him....The Steelers team in the 70s was loaded....So many Hall of Famers were on those teams.....Many QBs could have won multiple Super Bowls with that type of talent....I don't think Dan Marino would be ring less with that type of talent around him...lol

Yes the Steelers didn't pass much in Terry's stats which hurt his overall stats...But still his plus 2 TD/INT ratio isn't great.....212 TDs to 210 INTs.....What made Terry great was his play in the big games...But then again.....there was also Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier in the backfield with Terry....The WR's were Swann and Stallworth.....Not to mention the great defense of the Steel Curtain.....

I know it takes a team to win and a QB can't do it by himself...But Terry might have the greatest talent ever around him.....Yes Joe Montana had talent around him also but I think talent wise the Steelers of the 70s had 49ers of the 80s beat....Peyton Manning has had great talent around him on offense so thats why I never felt sorry for him when he choked...lol But the Colts never had that talent on defense like Terry enjoyed....

As for Ben....If he breaks all of the Steelers major passing records and wins 1 or 2 more Super Bowls then I think he could be mentioned as the greatest QB in Steelers history....Yes before any of you older fans come at me...I know Ben had a very good team around him also...But Terry sucked his first 4 years in the NFL while Ben did play well early on in his career....Yes I know Terry was on some very bad Steelers teams his first years in the NFL....But even in 1974 the Steelers first Super Bowl year...Terry still had a bad year...lol

I can't wait for the older fans to be butt hurt...lol

lol this could get funny

and lets not forget kordell

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    K Train, you're too funny...

TG, you hit it on the head, for the most part, but I think if Ben can put together a few rings with the black and gold, it would be hard not to crown him. With all that, please keep in mind I am one of the old ones K trian is talking about and am a huge TB fan. We'll have to wait and see.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    If Ben had played with all those guys in the 70's, I can't even imagine how many more rings they might've had--whereas you put Terry in with the kind of team we had (say last year) I really don't think Terry could've pulled off a 104 QB rating and been second in the league.

If you put them in each other's shoes, I think Ben would come out on top.

Thread Information