Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASK THE STEELERS – JEREMY BLOOM – PART 1

Bookmark and Share
    Steel City Mafia # 632

ASK THE STEELERS – JEREMY BLOOM – PART 1

ASK THE STEELERS – JEREMY BLOOM – PART 1

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

From Paul Arnold in Jacksonville, Florida: What are you doing when you are waiting for a punt or kickoff and the ball is in the air? What is the first thing you do once you catch it?

Jeremy Bloom: The first thing that I do is read the kickers alignment. Most kickers and punters have a pre-snap indicator that tells you what direction they are attempting to kick the ball. The second thing I do is read the spin and arch of the ball. This tells you how deep and what direction the ball will go. The third thing I do is catch the ball and run like a prosecutor that is being chased by eleven convicts.

From SSgt Justin Podomnik, Tyndall Air Force Base Panama City, Florida: What is the most important thing you have learned from being injured that you could pass on to others in the same situation?

Jeremy Bloom: First and foremost thank you for you service to our country. You men and woman are true heroes and your fearless commitment to our country inspires me.

The most important thing that I realized during the time that I was injured was how much opportunity it gave me. It gave me time to study the game and to watch guys like Steve Smith and Santana Moss. It gave me time to work on my weaknesses and polish my strengths. It certainly came with its mental challenges. It’s easy to begin to have thoughts of doubt when you are injured. “Will I be able to make a full recovery”, “Am I becoming forgotten about”, “Do they think I’m soft”….ect. These thoughts are normal and it’s how you deal with them that will define your recover and the type of person you are.

From Randall Welsh in Orlando, Florida: Is it harder to train physically and mentally for the Olympics or to get ready for a NFL season?

Jeremy Bloom: Physically football is more difficult. There is nothing like training camp, it’s a total beast. Mentally they both have their challenges. For me, the circumstances were very different. The two times that I prepared for the Olympics I was doing so as one of the top ranked skiers in the world. In football I am trying to do scrap and claw my way just to break away from the pack. Both bring different mental challenges.

From Greg Forbes in Atlanta, Georgia: Is there something about skiing that makes you specially adept in returning punts and kicks?

Jeremy Bloom: Not really, I use to think the two sports were similar but have later found out that they are completely different.

From Jason Mitchell in Byesville, Ohio: Does skiing help you with vision and maneuverability during kick and punt returns?

Jeremy Bloom: Yes and no, but training your eyes to pick up fast moving object is very important in any sport. There are many ways that you can do this. The next time you play catch close one of your eyes while standing on one foot. Or purposely blur your eyes and try and catch the ball. These exercises can help your peripheral vision, balance and your depth perception. But if the ball hits you in the face don’t blame me.

From Teddy Simon in Santa Cruz, California: Do you think you could develop into a "Wes Walker" type receiver and broaden the offense?

Jeremy Bloom: I’m a big fan of Wes’s and love the way he plays the game. There isn’t any doubt in my mind that given the opportunity I can develop into that type of player.

From Reese Bang in Richland, Washington: Knowing what you know now about the level of competition in the NFL, in hindsight, would you have put a greater emphasis upon your college football career?

Jeremy Bloom: I put a huge emphasis on my college football career. The NCAA was the reason that I wasn’t able to play my junior and senior year. I was devastated when they declared me permanently ineligible and ended my opportunity to be the number one receiver my junior and senior year.
    www.steelers.com

I never thought of using him as a Wes Walker type, That would add another weapon to the offense..just don't know if it there is a spot for him there..i honestly don't see him making this team. Maybe a practice squad spot at the most.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

The third thing I do is catch the ball and run like a prosecutor that is being chased by eleven convicts.
    I found that hilarious
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

funny that he wont even be on the team

Are you coach Tomlin? Otherwise you never know.

He wont be. That can be guaranteed. He isn't a good WR and has no use as a RS. The Eagles cut him when they didnt even have ANYONE to replace him as their Returner.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcody36 View Post
    Are you coach Tomlin? Otherwise you never know.
    haha are you jeremy bloom? cause only jeremy bloom wants jeremy bloom to make the team

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    haha are you jeremy bloom? cause only jeremy bloom wants jeremy bloom to make the team
    what bout jeremy bloom mom

Too dangerous for mommy's little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    what bout jeremy bloom mom
    mommy wants him to stick with skiing

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    fine what about his former high school coach

Thread Information