Thread: Detroit Lions’ Customer Service Policy: “F- ‘Em”

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Detroit Lions’ Customer Service Policy: “F- ‘Em”

After being jerked around for years on his season ticket orders despite asking for more tickets, Kevin Furlong told the Lions’ season ticket staff that he simply could not bring himself to renew for next season. When the staff realized Furlong was serious about not spending $5000 on season tickets next season, they offered him new seats much like he was falsely promised for years.

However, Furlong stuck to his guns and made it clear he wasn’t angling for a better deal; he just didn’t want to spend his money on season tickets after a poor customer experience.

When one of the Lions employees (Matt Schul) tried to get his boss, Mark Graham (head of ticket sales), to talk to Furlong and failed, he sent out an email to the beleaguered Lions employee (Lance Powser) working with Furlong:
    “Lance…he is not talking about you here. Mark was asked to speak to these people and he said no. F… ‘em until next year.”
    Unfortunately, Schul pressed “Reply to All” and off the email went to the rather surprised customer, Kevin Furlong.

Furlong told his local sports columnist, Pat Caputo of THE OAKLAND PRESS, who felt the incident signified the organization’s opinion of its fan base. Asked to comment on the email and the correlation, Lions COO Tom Lewland showed the organizational commitment to reaching out to all members of the Lions community:
    “If you write that, it will be factually incorrect and bordering on slander. And I will come after you.”
    Tom Lewland has clearly learned nothing from the Roger Clemens civil trial discovery period. Caputo would love for the Lions legal department to spring into action. If they’re as well-run as the tickets department, every last secret about the Lions organization will spill out onto the front page of every Detroit-area newspaper.

In other words, on behalf of Lions fans everywhere, we’re begging the Lions to sue Pat Caputo. Please.

Too funny!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    explains a few things, huh?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    now that's funny....I wonder who still has a job after that incident and who doesn't.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    that's one dysfunctional organization....from the team itself all the way to the front office.Sounds like the next reality TV show in the making!

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information