Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polamalu's alternative training plans..what do you think?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Polamalu's alternative training plans..what do you think?

In this article from the Post Gazette today

It talks about how Troy has left the teams organized training program and won't return till training camp in July. He's headed back to his original methods that he is more comfortable with. Tomlin seems to be ok with it.

Coach Mike Tomlin's reaction? Go for it.

"It probably works for him because he's sold on it, and that's part of it," Tomlin said this week. "The reality is he's recovering from an injury, he's unable to participate in organized team activities, so it provides an opportunity for him to do what he feels good about."

Polamalu would not blame his various injuries for what he considered a disappointing season. He thinks some injuries may have occurred because he did not train the past two offseasons with Marv Marinovich at his Sports Lab in Orange County, Calif. He has worked with Marinovich and followed his unique workout routines since his days at Southern California.

"I was just talking to him about it," Marinovich said, "and I asked if he felt he was in the best condition of his life when he was out here full time. He felt he was beyond where he was before and he needed to try to get that back.
    check out the article, it's pretty elightening as to how his training program works and why his trainer feels it's the best way to go.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Very good article Let's hope it works we cant have another season with Troy having no interceptions and no sacks

Thanks for the sig Flea

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Yea hopefully Troy has watched some game tape from last year and is embarrased by some of the whiffs he was pulling,He doesn't come off as one of those "just out there to collect a check type guys" So i'm sure he'll be back to REAL Pro Bowl form, not just getting in from his name alone.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

As long as it works, sure..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Sounds like Troy is getting back to what has worked for him. I'm looking forward to the results. Enjoyed that article.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I wish more of the team bought into it. Go Troy go!!!!

Draft Pick
    Who cares how he works out as long he is ready for the season

I say I'm sick of his lack of wrapping up for what ever reason last season he only wanted to lawn dart people. Come on Troy get your **** together!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

yeah ill believe it when i see it

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All we can do now is wait and see if this pays off and if it does then we can question why he changed training techniques in the first place. The dude's career in college and the NFL up until last year speak for itself, he's got the stuff and he's one of the best Safeties in the game when he's healthy and playing the way he's capable of. Im interested to see how he comes back this year after getting back to his old training methods because if he still struggles then the team will be in a precarious position of keeping him with such a big salary cap number.

Thread Information