Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to pittsburgh, need advice

Bookmark and Share

Coming to pittsburgh, need advice

Hey guys, new here. Posted in the new addicts thread. I have been to pittsburgh a bunch of times for penguins-rangers and pirates-mets. My brother and I want to come out for Giants Steelers in November. Only hang-up is tickets. Plan on trying through the public on-sale, but I get the feeling it will be fruitless. Stubhub seems over-priced, but if we have to do it we will. Might also try big blue travel, but they will be expensive too. Anyways, is it worth trying the public on-sale or should I just go to Stubhub? Should I try coming out without tickets and scalping in the parking lot? Any other advice you have would be appreciated.

If anyone here has tickets and wants to sell them and avoid stubhub or ebay's commission, let me know. I have rangers season tickets and 1/2 giants season tickets as well as a hook-up at Yankee Stadium and a hotel in NYC. If you'd want to trade.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Sorry, can't help ya with tickets or any advice concerning games, since I've never been to one yet. Just wanted to welcome you--in case I don't make it to new addicts thread.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The single game tickets aren't on sale yet but when they do it will be a mad dash that will sell quicker than you can blink your eye. Stubhub, tickco, vividseats.com , places like that are the next best option. Ticket brokers are always going to be more expensive but you can usually find the game you want if you're willing to pay the price.

Yeah, we have accepted that we are going to have to pay a premium. Just trying to avoid it. We have been talking about coming to this game since the new schedule format was created in 2000ish and since they wont play again in Pittsburgh til 2016, want to do it now. I am getting married in February, he just graduated Law School, so who knows if we'll be able to make this trip in 8 years. Even so, we don't want to wait the 8 years. We have waited long enough.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You'll have a great time, plus hopefully some of the SA members will be there too and you'd be welcome to come to the tailgate if you like.

That sounds cool, thanks a lot. There is a company called big blue travel, they handle road trips to all giants road games. I have heard they do a great job, but are expensive. Seats would be in Giants family section. To me, sitting with them would be boring. If I wanted to sit with other Giants fans, I could stay home. Want to sit with Steelers fans, get yelled at to sit down when the Giants score, all that fun stuff. Gone to see my teams on the road many times, often it is more fun than home game.

Oh, if you guys remember Amos Zereoue, I played with him in HS. He was a year younger than me. Haven't spoken to him in a while, would feel stupid getting hold of him now and asking him to see if he could get me tixx. Actually have a Steelers Amos jersey in white. Need to get a black. For a time, I was a Steelers fan. I took that 2001 loss to the Pats almost as hard as the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens.
    Last edited by coggsnyrnyg; 05-19-2008 at 09:36 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by coggsnyrnyg View Post
    That sounds cool, thanks a lot. There is a company called big blue travel, they handle road trips to all giants road games. I have heard they do a great job, but are expensive. Seats would be in Giants family section. To me, sitting with them would be boring. If I wanted to sit with other Giants fans, I could stay home. Want to sit with Steelers fans, get yelled at to sit down when the Giants score, all that fun stuff. Gone to see my teams on the road many times, often it is more fun than home game.
    Now that's a fan right there, somebody who loves to get yelled at, ridiculed, and just generally made fun of in hostile territory all the the name of being a fan. I love it !!!

Draft Pick
    I BOUGHT TIX ON STUB HUB DURING BENS ROOKIE SEASON WHEN THEY PLAYED THE JAGS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT GAME. IT WAS COSTLY BUT WORTH IT WHEN THE STEELERS WON THE GAME AND THE TAILGATING BEFORE THE GAME. I MIGHT HAVE TO USE STUB HUB AGAIN THIS YEAR, TRYING TO GO TO TENNESSEE..

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Now that's a fan right there, somebody who loves to get yelled at, ridiculed, and just generally made fun of in hostile territory all the the name of being a fan. I love it !!!
    Oh yeah. That is 75% of the fun of going on the road!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel58 View Post
    I BOUGHT TIX ON STUB HUB DURING BENS ROOKIE SEASON WHEN THEY PLAYED THE JAGS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT GAME. IT WAS COSTLY BUT WORTH IT WHEN THE STEELERS WON THE GAME AND THE TAILGATING BEFORE THE GAME. I MIGHT HAVE TO USE STUB HUB AGAIN THIS YEAR, TRYING TO GO TO TENNESSEE..
    Yeah, we know we are likely going to have to hit stubhub or craigslist or wherever. I just wish my brother was a fan of someone like Atlanta or Phoenix, a team that ALWAYS has tickets available.
    Last edited by coggsnyrnyg; 05-20-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Horny
    EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information