Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 08 NBA Playoffs

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026

    08 NBA Playoffs

    Here is a discussion starter... Do you think the defending champs can win the next two to advance? Koopa?

    Game 6 seems like a shoe in for the Spurs at home. But I could see it going either way back in New Orleans for game 7. It sure looks like the Hornets should win. But if any team has the experience to pull off a lock down game 7 right now its the Spurs. Its getting me slightly re-interested in the NBA after the snowballing disaster that has been the last couple years of Sonics basketball.

  2. #2
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's over, spurs will lose tonight.........IF hell freezes over and we win, i think the spurs will win game 7, game 7 has so much pressure i don't think a young team could beat a team that has won a game 7 in the finals

    but like i said, it ends tonight, spurs usually don't come out to play on the face of elimination, so congrats to the hornets




    also, the finals was set up from the moment kg was traded to boston, it's gonna be celtics vs lakers........... it's the only matchup stern will allow.......... no way a small martket team wins back to back
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  3. #3
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026
    Hadn't thought about it that way. As crazy as that sounds, the NBA is so messed up these days it doesn't sound entirely improbable.

    A renewal of the Lakers/Celtics would be a huge draw for those people nostalgic for the 80s.

    How has the refs been so far?

  4. #4
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
    Hadn't thought about it that way. As crazy as that sounds, the NBA is so messed up these days it doesn't sound entirely improbable.

    A renewal of the Lakers/Celtics would be a huge draw for those people nostalgic for the 80s.

    How has the refs been so far?
    somewhat horrible, so inconsistent, they are obviously for the home teams
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  5. #5
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026
    I guess that explains why there has only been one road win this whole round.

  6. #6
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    spurs **** me off, they play so ****ing soft, i hate when they say we are physical, we play good d, but so soft, they need to put ppl on the floor, i hate these bitch fouls, they need to start sticking their feet under players, **** class
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  7. #7
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    what a game by the spurs, ime udoka is ****ing awesome, he needs all of finley's minutes from now on, when he gets extended minutes he makes such a huge impact for us, he has all year.............

    game 7 is on monday, should be fun, i guarantee you the team that wins will be by 5 points or less
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  8. #8
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    it's over, spurs will lose tonight.........IF hell freezes over and we win, i think the spurs will win game 7, game 7 has so much pressure i don't think a young team could beat a team that has won a game 7 in the finals

    but like i said, it ends tonight, spurs usually don't come out to play on the face of elimination, so congrats to the hornets




    also, the finals was set up from the moment kg was traded to boston, it's gonna be celtics vs lakers........... it's the only matchup stern will allow.......... no way a small martket team wins back to back
    u are the most negative fan ever.

    lol @ you making excuses for the Spurs already.

  9. #9
    2nd String Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    u are the most negative fan ever.

    lol @ you making excuses for the Spurs already.
    not making excuses, stating facts.............. and i'm not negative, i'm just truthful lol.......... every time i'm positive **** goes wrong, so i rather be negative lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  10. #10
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    sayin stern wont let the spurs win again isnt a fact....its a conspiracy theory

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 11:42 AM
  2. Mike Tomlin had better at least get this team in the playoffs...
    By Troyisabeast_43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
  3. Steelers WOULD have made playoffs with one more victory
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
  4. The only logical scanerio the Steelers can make the playoffs...
    By Troyisabeast_43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •