Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall ROBBED AT GUNPOINT

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    What are you implying here? Of course the south side of Chicago is dangerous...But still he is a grown man and if he wants to walk around at night...I think thats his right...He wasn't at a strip club making it rain like Pac-Man...The dude was robbed when minding his own business....Plus he had a women with him....I take walks at night also....especially along the beach...I guess I'm up to no good and asking for it also....
    I was talkin about the location of the guy who made the "it keeps getting better and better"comment.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I was talkin about the location of the guy who made the "it keeps getting better and better"comment.
    I thought so but wasn't sure.....so sorry for going on my rant....I just didn't want anybody thinking he was the next Pac-Man or Chris Henry...

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    As they say .... Timing is everything:

Dumbass robbers should have waited until this poor kid has a little money in his wallet (i.e., after the big money contract is signed) before shaking him down.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    They also said on NFLN that he even gave them his car keys, but the robber gave those back...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    They also said on NFLN that he even gave them his car keys, but the robber gave those back...
    that shows mendenhall has a good head on his shoulders, i'm glad he didn't try to be a thug and fight back, i like what his agent said that mendenhall said, he didn't have anything worth his life......good kid there........ but still, no reason to be out at 2 a.m., well at least walking around
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Another famous Chicago athlete was victimized early Monday morning.

Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft choice Rashard Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint while walking along the city's lakefront, his agent and mother said.

The former Illinois running back was with another companion along the South Side walkway when he was robbed of his wallet, phone and cash, sources familiar with the investigation told the Chicago Sun-Times.

"It was obviously a scary moment," his agent Mike McCartney said, according to the Sun-Times. "But he is fine. He is doing great. He said he doesn't have anything that is worth his life."

Reports said the two alleged perpetrators wore black hoodies and ski masks.

"He didn't get hit or anything, he didn't get hurt or anything," Sybil Mendenhall said. "He's fine."

Police spokesman John Mirabelli said a man and a woman were robbed at the lakefront around 2 a.m. Monday by two offenders, but declined to identify the victims. No one was in custody for the crime, he said.

Last year, both New York Knicks center Eddy Curry and then Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker were robbed at gunpoint in their homes.

Mendenhall was taken with the 23rd pick in the first round by Pittsburgh after he set University of Illinois single-season records for rushing yards, touchdowns and points.

Mendenhall played for Niles West High School and is from Skokie, Ill.
    the hell is he doing out at 2 am??
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Steel City Mafia # 632
    This could be a good thing..lol, the more this kid keeps getting sh*t on, the more pissed off he'll be when he hits the field, a fired up,ticked off running back with a chip on his shoulder would be fun to watch!

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Showing off his smarts here.......just gave them what they wanted with no resistance.....good job kid, glad you're still here.

He's a grown man that just finished his first NFL mini-camp. Who gives a flying fu** if he was out at 2am? He should be able to do that without a second thought if he has no curfew to meet.
    Last edited by ejsteeler; 05-06-2008 at 09:58 AM.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Obviously someone saw him getting drafted to the Steelers and with all hype the media puts on them, he's a target. Feel bad for the poor kid. Glad he's ok.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He's a young kid who enjoys going out with friends; from what we know he wasn't doing anything wrong or looking for trouble. This kid has been in the NFL for what 2 1/2 weeks now, he's not used to having to watch his back so much in the public eye now that he's a professional athlete. Even being from a rough part of Chicago as an ordinary nobody so to speak and having to be careful where you go late at night; that situation is increased 10 fold when people find out you're a professional sports player.

Thread Information