Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MENDENHaLL INJURED

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I just hate seeing players you count on so much get something like a hamstring that can linger on if you aren't careful. You know how these draft picks are, they are gung ho to strut their stuff and make an impression on the coaches and teammates and then they try too hard too soon to come back. Timmons did the same thing, he was feeling better closer to camp and then tried to come back and hurt it again so let's hope the coaches learned their lesson and will keep him out till he's ready to go.
    Well if its just a slight tweak then I'm not going to be to worried....He has the time to rest it.....As for Timmons and his groin.....His injury seem like it was going to be one that did linger and really the coaching staff should have let Timmons rest that injury until he was fully ready.......

lets get those type injuries out of the way now so we can avoid them later

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If he is out for the entire offseason it's all your fault for giving us false hope

Im just so excited to see this kid, I mean for the first time since the 90's with guys like Bam, Pegram, Foster, etc. we are really going to have the chance to see a backfield with 2 super talented guys that bring something unique to the field. Even when Bettis and Parker were together it mostly Jerome carrying the load when the team really needed tough yards with the game on the line. Now with Parker and Mendenhall we've got the makings of something really special and each player has the capability of getting the job done.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If he is out for the entire offseason it's all your fault for giving us false hope

Im just so excited to see this kid, I mean for the first time since the 90's with guys like Bam, Pegram, Foster, etc. we are really going to have the chance to see a backfield with 2 super talented guys that bring something unique to the field. Even when Bettis and Parker were together it mostly Jerome carrying the load when the team really needed tough yards with the game on the line. Now with Parker and Mendenhall we've got the makings of something really special and each player has the capability of getting the job done.
    I'll take the blame....... I'm not worried he will be fine...lol

Yea...I hear you on Mendenhall....I'm less then an hour from the Illinois state line so I did get see Rashard play some the last few years....The kid is going to be a good one....I can't wait either and the Steelers are lucky this guy even fell them.....

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    He may never play again ....

or NOT .... I just love watching how some of you overreact
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Not worried at all,,,,,,,,,,He'll be fine,it's only may~~~~

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombhunter View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much...it's only May, plus it's probably just pulled or strained. I'm sure he'll be in fine shape by the time camp opens full time...
    Common injury for athletes in all sports. If it was just a small tweak he has plenty of time to rest it and get some physical therapy for it. I believe he will be a major contributor this season. We now have a player in the backfield who can help us close games out and play a clock eating ball control game. We missed that last season and even lost a couple games because of our failures to get first downs and keep the ball away from our opponents in the fourth quarter. You know you are a good football team when the other team knows you are gonna run and they can't stop it! That is the kind of football I love! Blowing people off the line of scrimmage and getting 4-7 yards a carry into the teeth of the defense. Hopefully we will see some of that style again this season.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback 92 View Post
    lets get those type injuries out of the way now so we can avoid them later
    I was going to say the same thing. IF if has to happen, better now then during the season. I think he'll be ok, these new guys may not be as use to this kind of conditioning and practicing maybe or just working extra hard to prove themselves. It's early yet, he'll be ok.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    seriously, they need to fire the training staff, how the **** do you **** **** up like that every ****ing year, stretch before you ****ing practice, and why the **** you practicing hard in may for anyway......stupid ****s
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    seriously, they need to fire the training staff, how the **** do you **** shiat up like that every ****ing year, stretch before you ****ing practice, and why the **** you practicing hard in may for anyway......stupid ****s
    Exactly. You can't bring these kids in and push them over the top in the first few days ....
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information