Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers unveil Land of Giants.....

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    But we have more than enough big targets as was discussed in the article, but we really only Willie as a little guy that can beat people in a small space

I thought we were looking for a tall receiver. We already have 1? Which way is it?

I'm A "Champion"

Well we have 3 6'5" plus tight ends, as well as Washington who is 6'1" and Baker who is 6'3" and we kept him around all year so the must see something in him. And once again as was commented by Holmes, big doesn't mean good
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We're so used to seeing smurfs out there for so long now with the Steelers that this is going to be a real nice change for the team to have such big group of targets for Ben. Coupled with the fact that several of them are speed burners this is going to be a great opportunity for us to have multiple options in the red zone with big targets and more opportunities to stretch the field. I can't wait to watch this offense in action!
    Well put TG

1. In regards to our tall TEs, ok yeah they're tall, but they're not the same as a tall athletic WR. They do provide big targets, but Sweed should have a bigger range of passes he can catch, since I'm sure he can jump alot higher than Heath and Spaeth.

2. In regards to the fact that there are alot of great shorter WRs like Santana Moss and Steve Smith, we have Santonio Holmes for that, and Hines Ward. We have 2 short starters and 1 tall rookie WR. Always good to have a nice mix like that.

3. I can't wait to see Hines, Holmes, Sweed, Miller, and Parker/Mendenhall all on the field. If the O-line can just be decent, that's a TON of weapons for Ben to use. Should be a really explosive offense.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i hate when they say power fowards....... the **** kind of midget league do they watch??? if you are a power fowards and 6'5 or under you are a bum and must be playing high school basketball
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i hate when they say power fowards....... the **** kind of midget league do they watch??? if you are a power fowards and 6'5 or under you are a bum and must be playing high school basketball
    Its not that to figure out....Some TE's in the NFL were former power forwards when they played college ball...You might have heard of that one guy named Antonio Gates...He played power forward at Kent State....You just like to bitch about everything.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 05-05-2008 at 08:14 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Its not that to figure out....Some TE's in the NFL were former TE's when they played college ball...You might have heard of that one guy named Antonio Gates...He played power forward at Kent State....You just like to bitch about everything.....
    then he was a bum, cause short power fowards don't do good in the league unless your name is charles barkley
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    then he was a bum, cause short power fowards don't do good in the league unless your name is charles barkley
    Did I say Gates was a great power forward....Plus I wasn't even talking about the NBA.....Just trying to explain that Gates and some other TE's in the NFL played power forward in college....So thats why some people call them power forwards.....You would be surprised how many TE's played that position for their college hoops teams...

Reppin' 724
    I don't even think they are saying they ARE power forwards, they are just saying they are the PF's of the NFL.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I don't even think they are saying they ARE power forwards, they are just saying they are the PF's of the NFL.
    That to and the fact remains TE's like Gates played college hoops and were power forwards....

Thread Information