Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "FIX" was in ....

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

The "FIX" was in ....

Nice, the league comes out and admits the last play was a Steelers TD, yet they don't take the corrective actions and adjust the score ....

Can somebody say, "Organized gambling? .....

If they change the score it will cost Vegas over $32 million to cover the estimate $100 million that was bet on the game.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=80015

....anyone who thinks Vegas doesn't have some influence on this leauge is kidding themselves.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 11-17-2008 at 08:57 PM.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mort was on ESPN tonight trying to see that Vegas odds don't play a part in this stuff. Gimme a break, if they didn't then why don't we get the TD added to our win..and worse if we'd have lost that game because of that reversal there would have been a serious riot at Heinz last night!

My Mood
    Clowns
    This whole thing is getting completely out of control and blown way out of proportion. Look the Steelers won the game and thats all that matters. To the people that bet and gamble it's like the drink tax here if you dont like it dont drink. The same goes for and can be said for gambling if you dont want to lose money on football games and point spreads dont gamble and bet. As far as this play getting taking away from the Steelers had they been losing like some people are saying well number 1 San Diego would have never ran such a ridiculous desperate play like that had they been winning this game. The only reason that play occured was because San Diego was so desperate to make something happen and score that they were forced to keep throwing the ball around to whoever to keep the game alive. Had Mike Tomlin just took a few knees and had Ben fall on the ball the last 60 seconds after San Diego was out of timeouts and kicked it with 4 seconds left like he should have and left no time on the clock to kick it back to San Diego we arent even having this discussion. Instead Tomlin proceeds to run the ball 3 straight times and risk a fumble or a botched snap, and actually cost his team 10 yards on the FG because of the holding call on the Parker TD when Ben should have just fallen on the ball and centered it to the middle of the field to set up the field goal to win it. The bottom line is the Steelers won guys 11-10, they are 7-3, and the 7 points taken off the board wont come down to any tiebrakers at the end of the year to screw them over. So let it go and let's get ready for the Cincy game here Thursday night because this game with San Diego is over and done with and there is no point in talking about this still...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-17-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The bottom line is the Steelers won guys 11-10, they are 7-3, and the 7 points taken off the board wont come down to any tiebrakers at the end of the year to screw them over. So let it go and let's get ready for the Cincy game here Thursday night because this game with San Diego is over and done with and there is no point in talking about this still...
    I agree with everything you said up until there. Though it would be a first, it poetentially could be a tiebreaker. Not only points, but touchdowns as well.

Regardless, you're right that we shold be talking about Cincy now. It's a short week, let's get on it.

--- Added 11/17/2008 at 09:58 PM ---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
    Too little to late, this doesn't make sense. They used the replay and screwed it up, so the NFL comes in and says, "Whoops, sorry. We'll make sure to use replay in the future that will fix it." HUH!???!?!!?

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by blackngold29 View Post
    I agree with everything you said up until there. Though it would be a first, it poetentially could be a tiebreaker. Not only points, but touchdowns as well.

Regardless, you're right that we shold be talking about Cincy now. It's a short week, let's get on it.

--- Added 11/17/2008 at 09:58 PM ---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
    Too little to late, this doesn't make sense. They used the replay and screwed it up, so the NFL comes in and says, "Whoops, sorry. We'll make sure to use replay in the future that will fix it." HUH!???!?!!?
    No it wont dude trust me. It's like the 8th or 9th possible tiebraker for crying out loud. The Steelers arent going to be in desperate mode to make the playoffs and be bunched up with like 7 or 8 teams where they are going to need more points or more touchdowns then another team. That play will have no barring on anything that takes place the rest of the season from here on out. Its over with we are 7-3 move on and start focusing on the final 6 games of the season which are going to determine where the Steelers finish a helluva a lot more then what happened on that last play of the game yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    No it wont dude trust me. It's like the 8th or 9th possible tiebraker for crying out loud. The Steelers arent going to be in desperate mode to make the playoffs and be bunched up with like 7 or 8 teams where they are going to need more points or more touchdowns then another team. That play will have no barring on anything that takes place the rest of the season from here on out. Its over with we are 7-3 move on and start focusing on the final 6 games of the season which are going to determine where the Steelers finish a helluva a lot more then what happened on that last play of the game yesterday...
    I hope you're right. I think it would only affect us with the Ravens (who we are close with) It would be a first, but then again we know that that can happen (11-10). We should concentrate on each game, win them, and if the NFL turns out to miraculously screw us over on that call, we can start a riot then. We should try to forget about it and move on... but it's kind of fun to rag on the NFL.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah losing those points shouldn't be a factor in the tie breaker area so we should be more than ok there. I don't so much care about the points for gambling more than the NFL officials getting it wrong and the 13 ridiculous penalties we accrued.

Quote Originally Posted by blackngold29 View Post
    I hope you're right. I think it would only affect us with the Ravens (who we are close with)
    No Worries!

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

As for the fix being in...I doubt it very much.

Did anyone see during the game tonight that the league is looking at getting new rule in place before the playoffs to go to instant replay a second time if they get it wrong the first time... seriously!

forget vegas, that play screwed me in fantasy football, and thats what really matters here!!!!

Thread Information