Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Hills - OT - 4th round, 130th overall selection

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Tony Hills - OT - 4th round, 130th overall selection

Texas senior OT Tony Hills has been selected first-team All-America by the Walter Camp Football Foundation.

Texas senior OT Tony Hills has been selected first-team All-America by the Walter Camp Football Foundation, it was announced at the Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. on Thursday night.
    Hills' selection gives Texas eight consecutive years with at least one player named to the team with a total of 15 players chosen in that time span. It is also the 11th season of the last 12 in which at least one Longhorn has been chosen.

In a release from Texas, Hills said:

"I'm really excited to be a member of the Walter Camp All-American team. I had a great time meeting all of the Walter Camp folks and hearing about the great tradition they have with Longhorn linemen. It's a great honor to be joining the long list of UT All-Americans and something I'll be proud of for the rest of my life. After going down with an injury late in the season, it's even more special to still be honored as an All-American. It kind of puts the icing on the cake of my college career. Now I'm going to keep coaching up the young guys, go to San Diego and try to win our fourth straight bowl game."

A first-team All-Big 12 selection, Hills had started 24 straight games and played in 42 career games.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tony Hills, DE, 130th overall selection...Welcome to the Steelers

This was a need pick for the team, we had to address the OL at some point in this draft and the way the lineman came flying off the boards in round 4 we had to get the best available left. He'll be a project but could turn out to be a gem for us.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Nicks and Keith were my choices at OT...But they took Hills...He is a total hit or miss pick.....But it only cost us a 4th...I think Duane Brown is a boom or bust pick also and he cost the Texans a 1st...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    After Dre Moore was snatched up by the Bucs in a trade I was hoping for either Nicks or Keith too man. Hill has the size and build you want for a Tackle but he'll be a bit of a project and take some time to develop. Im not sure he'll be ready to fight for a spot in 2009 when Marvel leaves; and if Starks doesn't sign a long term deal then he's going to have to be ready to play sooner than later.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tony-hills?id=258

He's definitely a fighter and has overcome a lot of adversity in his life so far.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I'm not diggin this pick at all .... IMO, Colbert blew this one down his leg.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not sure if he blew this one as much as he just blew our 5th round pick on another QB !

Reppin' 724
    I'm fine with this pick....our line was already set for this year...nothing wrogn with a possible project.....

My Mood
    Frustrated
    It's a good pick considering we need depth! And lots of it....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I'm fine with this pick....our line was already set for this year...nothing wrogn with a possible project.....
    Just listening to NFLN and ESPN they are saying with alittle work Hill can be a real quality LT and be a starter in this league no problem so he might be a steal but he'll have to work for it. At this point Trai Essex is on the hot seat.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Just listening to NFLN and ESPN they are saying with alittle work Hill can be a real quality LT and be a starter in this league no problem so he might be a steal but he'll have to work for it. At this point Trai Essex is on the hot seat.

Thread Information