Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of help

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Let us know what he says and how you make out in the debate ! Bring him over here and let us have some fun with him

Hahahahaha! Wow, that was almost too easy! Thank you again AZ!

Basically, I quoted the stats, showed how Bettis actually had more yards per carry than Dillon, and the stupid Pats fan tried to change the subject!
    Here's how it went (My posts in bold):

Him: "Really? 'Cause Dillon had more yards than Bettis in the AFC Championship Game in 2004. Dillon also had more yards than Willie Parker in the September rematch in 2005. In fact, as we speak, the "old man" has a better YPA than Parker (4.1 to Parker's 3.8).

I'd worry less about our "old guy" and more about the fact that the Steelers are 1-2 and in third place. And if they lose to the Chargers, their season could pretty much be over before Halloween... "

Him (before I even saw his previous post): "Still waiting for Steeler Fan to respond to this post.

I'm guessing he won't. He likes a good argument but runs when he's wrong."

Me:"Ok, you really want to talk about that? Alright.
    Here's the stats:

Bettis: 17 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD, Longest Run=25yrds, AVG=3.76
    Dillon: 24 carries, 73 yards, 1TD, Longest Run= 25yrds, AVG=3.04

So lets see, Bettis had as many TDs as Dillon, his longest run was as long as Dillon's, and basically NEITHER of them was much of a factor in that game. However, Bettis had less carries than Dillon, and therefore, had a HIGHER AVERAGE yards per carry. So based on that, give the Bus 24 carries, and it looks like he'd have MORE yards than Dillon. So, who was better in that game again?"

Him: "Dillon went on to get a Super Bowl ring while Bettis, well he coughed up what could have been the biggest fumble of anyone's career a year later.

Bettis was a non-factor in last year's Pittsburgh Super Bowl "win." "

Me: "I thought we were talking about the 2004 afc championship? Or is it just that when you see that you're wrong, you try to change the subject?

BTW, it was Bettis's great play against the Bears and Lions at the end of last season that got the Steelers to the playoffs, plus the fact he was the motivation for the whole team, so I'd say that's a pretty good contribution for a guy in his last year. As Pats fans would say, all that matters is who got the ring, and last year, that was Bettis and the Steelers."
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah he knew he was had so why not change the subject to save face ! What an idiot !!

Tell him to come talk to you when Dillon is in the Hall of Fame with as many career rushing yds as Bettis !

House of Steel
    Don't know him. We had Belliache Zombie, Gedes, JV312, Patsareit, and BellichekisGod over on Mac and Wife. I got suspended for going at it with em. They think they are it. I love to bring the MFers over here and let them try the smack here, they would get bombed real fast.

House of Steel
    Dillon will never make it to Canton. Bettis, we all know is a first ballot inductee without a doubt. His arguement doesn't carry any weight whatsoever. What a dumbass!!!

Actually, most of the Pats fans at patriotsplanet seem to be decent people. They're still stupid Pats fans, but they aren't nearly as annoying and arrogant as most Pats fans I've seen. Of course, there are always exceptions, and this moron I just owned seems to be one of the exceptions at that site.

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im sure they were probably alot higher on the JERK scale a couple years back during their SB wins, now they're a bit more down to earth cuz they're team has been slowly but surely ripped apart by the front office.

I'm glad I could help you out Steelerfan87! Sounds like you got him on that one so he started to pull anything he could think of out the sky to try and come back!

Yeah. Lol, I'm still waiting for a response from him. I don't think he's going to give me one.

My Mood
    Addicted
    You should post again saying what he said about you not responding and see if he posts then.....lol

Thread Information