Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colon to LG?

Bookmark and Share

Colon to LG?

With Max Starks signed for the upcoming season, the Steelers will take a look at Willie Colon at guard during offseason practices, which started Monday at the team's South Side facility.
    Colon beat out Starks for the starting job at right tackle last season, but the Steelers have an opening at left guard because of the loss of Pro Bowler Alan Faneca to free agency.

Starks started four games at left tackle for Marvel Smith last season. Smith, who took part in yesterday's practice, apparently has made a full recovery from the back problems that plagued him in 2007.

The Steelers could move Colon to guard after seeing how he handles the position during offseason practices or have the third-year man and Starks again compete for the starting job at right tackle during training camp.
    its what weve been saying all along...not a surprise

Probably were he would best fit. I really like Kemosomething but he really cant do anything save for run-blocking

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Willie Colon will be a nasty OG and really think its in his best interest to move to OG.....

i really think he will be ****ing awesome and taking fanecas spot is the best place for him imo

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i really think he will be ****ing awesome and taking fanecas spot is the best place for him imo
    I called it last year that he was better suited at OG.... I just didn't see him as an NFL OT....I really think OL might be totally off the Steelers radar in the first round ...Now if Brandon Albert is there then I think they would draft him with his potential to play LT one day....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I called it last year that he was better suited at OG.... I just didn't see him as an NFL OT....I really think OL might be totally off the Steelers radar in the first round ...Now if Brandon Albert is there then I think they would draft him with his potential to play LT one day....
    lol well you werent sold on that idea a few weeks ago, i like colon, i like him alot, hes got what it takes imo and hes nasty. he might not be the best tackle ever but he was more than sevicable and that experience only helped him if you ask me, he got thrown into the mix early and did ok

My Mood
    Mad
    lol well you werent sold on that idea a few weeks ago, i like colon, i like him alot, hes got what it takes imo and hes nasty. he might not be the best tackle ever but he was more than sevicable and that experience only helped him if you ask me, he got thrown into the mix early and did ok
    What wasn't I sold on? If you're talking about Willie Colon to OG...We argued last year about Willie Colon moving to OG...You stated you didn't want to play musical OL....As for Willie Colon being a serviceable OT is just laughable....I guess giving up a ton of sacks is serviceable? Now he will be a very solid OG and really think this move will help our OL....I stated a few weeks ago that I didn't know for sure that Willie Colon will move to OG since the Steelers coaches have never mentioned it until now...It was my opinion that he was an OG...Looks like I was right....

If you're talking about me not being sold on Brandon Albert playing LT...I never said that...I said I didn't care if he could play LT or not...I was happy with him being a dominating OG....Its funny you like Albert so much since you hate OL that can play multiple positions...lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 04-22-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    What wasn't I sold on? If you're talking about Willie Colon to OG...We argued last year about Willie Colon moving to OG...You stated you didn't want to play musical OL....As for Willie Colon being a serviceable OT is just laughable....I guess giving up a ton of sacks is serviceable? Now he will be a very solid OG and really think this move will help our OL....I stated a few weeks ago that I didn't know for sure that Willie Colon will move to OG since the Steelers coaches have never mentioned it until now...It was my opinion that he was an OG...Looks like I was right....

If you're talking about me not being sold on Brandon Albert playing LT...I never said that...I said I didn't care if he could play LT or not...I was happy with him being a dominating OG....Its funny you like Albert so much since you hate OL that can play multiple positions...lol
    no no i hate olineman that are said to play multiple positions because they suck at all of them lol...like mahan, they can sell him to us as versatile as they want...he sucks no matter where he is lol. Albert is just a pimp and will dominate anywhere on the line, i think hes better suited at tackle though with his long *** arms and great lateral movement. versatility usually means bum to me but there are exceptions lol

My Mood
    Mad
    no no i hate olineman that are said to play multiple positions because they suck at all of them lol...like mahan, they can sell him to us as versatile as they want...he sucks no matter where he is lol. Albert is just a pimp and will dominate anywhere on the line, i think hes better suited at tackle though with his long *** arms and great lateral movement. versatility usually means bum to me but there are exceptions lol
    I hear you K.......Yea I think Brandon Albert is "The Truth".......Play him at OG or LT....even center and he will be a badass....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Albert is there, which he probably won't be, but if he is we'd be absolutely stupid to not take him. The dude can be the dominating Guard for us for a long time to come. This whole situation is one big pain in the *** because we've got a bunch of guys on the line who didn't play well last year so now we're trying them at different spots this year.

If Colon can play the position well then by all means let him go for it, get Max back at RT, Hartwig at Center and let's get this going.

Thread Information