* Willie Parker practiced Monday and said he hasnít felt any effects from his broken fibula. He said he feels strong and has his speed back. Parker said the Steelers timed him in the 40 last month at 4.4 seconds. He once ran a 4.28.
* Offensive tackle Jason Capizzi is off to a bad start. Heís walking around in a boot because of a stress fracture in his foot. The injury isnít as serious as McBeanís. Capizzi could participate in the first minicamp.
* Free-agent acquisition Keyaron Fox wore No. 57 and backed up James Farrior. The 235-pounderís speed was obvious.
* New running back Mewelde Moore is wearing No. 21.
* Quarterback Jared Zabransky, picked up off the street this off-season, is wearing No. 5 and performed with much more spunk than former No. 3 quarterback Brian St. Pierre. Zabranskyís passes arenít pretty, but they usually found their mark. On the field he looks like Billy Kilmer without the paunch.
* With Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu sidelined, Anthony Smith and Tyrone Carter are the starting safeties. Polamalu is recovering from minor knee surgery in the off-season. Clark is still recovering from the removal of his spleen and gall bladder.
* Dallas Baker, last yearís 6-foot-3 seventh-round wide receiver, was active at practice. After catching several passes from Ben Roethlisberger, he huddled with the quarterback after practice and the two talked ďshopĒ in the hallway.
* Second-year center Darnell Stapleton said his weight is up to 315 and is now looking to lose a few pounds to get in shape.