Thread: Lavelle Hawkins

Bookmark and Share

Lavelle Hawkins

For those of you who dont know, hes one of my guys this year, hes that midget desean jacksons teamate and his far superior and not nearly as much as a little bitch diva WR...heres and interview and scouting report on him

Lavelle Hawkins
    Height: 5-11 | Weight: 187 | 40-Time: 4.52

Official Bio

Strengths:
    A great athlete...Good body control and ball skills...Tough and will work the middle of the field...Plays faster than he times and can separate...Explosive...Is quick and agile...Elusive and runs well after the catch...Can also contribute as a return man.

Weaknesses:
    Size and bulk are just average at best...Isn't very strong or powerful and will get pushed around...Sub par route runner..Drops some balls and does not have great hands...Marginal timed speed...Is not a finished product..Questionable work ethic.

Notes:
    Cousin of San Diego St. running back Lynell Hamilton...Top 100 recruit coming out of high school...Originally enrolled at LSU before transferring to San Francisco City College and eventually Cal...Was overshadowed by DeSean Jackson but is a fine pro prospect in his own right..Looks like a prototypical slot receiver / kick returner

Lavelle Hawkins Interview
    April 22, 2008

It can be hard to get noticed when you have a potential first round pick playing on the other side but Cal WR Lavelle Hawkins had a coming out party at the Senior Bowl. Hawkins is now a possible Day One pick himself and he just might be one of the most underrated prospects in this draft. With the draft just days away Lavelle was kind enough to take some time to speak with NFLDC's Scott Wright.

Scott Wright: You kind of get overshadowed by DeSean Jackson so letís give you the opportunity to clear the air: Whoís the better player?

Lavelle Hawkins: Of course Iíll have to say Lavelle Hawkins.

Iím able to do it all. I can go deep, Iíll catch the ball across the middle and Iím willing to block.

Scott Wright: You really put on a show at the Senior Bowl and I know I was impressed watching you in Mobile. What was that experience like?

Lavelle Hawkins: I thought it was great because it was an opportunity to play against the best. It was the top seniors in the nation and I thought I held up pretty well.

Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?

Lavelle Hawkins: My greatest strength is my toughness because Iím willing to do whatever it takes. My weaknesses areÖ I wouldnít call them weaknesses but some of the things I need to work on are my route running, my catching, just everything. Iím going to the next level and Iíd like to improve on everything.

Scott Wright: What current NFL wide receiver do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?

Lavelle Hawkins: I admire a few guys if you donít mind.

Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith.

I think I kind of compare with Anquan Boldin, but Iím a little faster.

Scott Wright: What is your greatest football moment to date?

Lavelle Hawkins: I would have to say the win against Tennessee this year. That was a great feeling.

Scott Wright: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?

Lavelle Hawkins: Daymeion Hughes.

Scott Wright: Is there one younger player at Cal that you see developing into a star, either at the college or pro level?

Lavelle Hawkins: Two young guys who are going to be great players are Syd'Quan Thompson (DB) and Worrell Williams (LB).

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college or pro team growing up? Did you have a favorite player?

Lavelle Hawkins:

My favorite pro team was the 49íers.

My favorite college team growing up was Tennessee.

My favorite player was probably Tee Martin.

Scott Wright: What current pro are you most looking forward to going up against once you make it to the NFL?

Lavelle Hawkins: DeAngelo Hall or Pacman Jones. Someone like that.

Scott Wright: At what point did you realize that you might have a future in football beyond college?

Lavelle Hawkins: After my junior year. I was starting to make a lot more plays so after my junior year I thought ďI can do this.Ē

Scott Wright: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

Lavelle Hawkins: I would like to council young men and women to teach them how to do things the right way.

Scott Wright: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Lavelle Hawkins: A house in my hometown.

Scott Wright: Whatís the most embarrassing song on your iPod?

Lavelle Hawkins: I donít have any embarrassing songs but the guys kind of laugh when I listen to Beyonce.

Scott Wright: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft (i.e. Top 2 rounds, Top 3 Rounds, etc.)?

Lavelle Hawkins: Of course Iíd like to go first round but Iíve got to be realistic. I would like to go in the top two rounds, no matter where. Iíd just like to be a first day player. That would make my day.

Scott Wright: Is there one or two teams in particular that youíve noticed paying more attention to you than others?

Lavelle Hawkins: Honestly I havenít noticed. It might have just went over my head but I have no idea. I did visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Scott Wright: Is there a certain team that you think you'd fit in well with?

Lavelle Hawkins: I think I can fit in well anywhere. Iím able to change to fit whatever scheme Iím in.

Scott Wright: Thanks for the time and good luck in a couple of weeks!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like Hawkins......He will be a better pro then Jackson...

Jackson is pretty similar to Santonio Holmes when he was coming out of Ohio State, if you ask me.

Thread Information