View Poll Results: How will the game play out on sunday night ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensive struggle, points will be at a premium

5 45.45%
  • It's gonna be a shootout for sure, last team with the ball wins

0 0%
  • Neither one, explain.

6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive Struggle or Shootout this weekend ?

Bookmark and Share
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I Say 20-13 Steelers win

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Considering Rivers has only attempted 68 passes, just 2 more than Damon Huard which has logged about 2.5 quarters less than Rivers, I would hope he hasn't been sacked that much. SD hasn't been asking him to do much this year and when he does it's quick drops and get rid of the ball just like Ben his rookie season. Also, SD didn't really have a test until they played the Ravens, their first 2 games was Oakland and Tennessee... not exactly tough defenses.

The Steelers will get to him and often. Not too many teams have been able to stop the Steeler D from getting to their QB, especially when they are doing a really good job of hiding where the blitz is coming from.
    Ok but Rivers has only been sack one time still. I don't care in how many pass attempts he has. The Chargers still are not giving up sacks. Plus the one sack they did give up came on the last play of the game yesterday. I just don't think its going to be as easy as all of you make it sound in sacking Rivers. My point is the Steelers better bring the heat regardless. Plus besides the first game of the year. The Chargers have let Rivers throw the ball. Philip Rivers is also a smart QB and isn't a true rookie. This is his third year in the Chargers system. I just think its going to be a tough game for us and the Steelers better bring their A game.

This is bens breakout game...the chargers secondary blows and our Oline has been incredible, ben wont be confused by there 3-4, because he goes against one of the best everyday in practice. Rivers will be messed up because we blitz like barbarians from every side there is. not to mention we own LT and polamalu owns gates by himself. Just 1 TD for ben and everything goes downhill. 27-10 steelers.

The Chargers are going to run, run, run, and we are going to shut them down again. I think our defense is as good as or maybe better than last years, and this is what LT had to say about the Steelers run D last year:

"That was probably the best defense I've faced as far as the run game in my career," Tomlinson said.

Even though the media has the Rats defensive nuts in their mouth, we have the better D, and we'll make Rivers beat us, which he can't.

I think this is the week our offense finally clicks.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    30-14 Steelers. Parker goes over a hundred. Ward plays like we know he can. Ben throws for 2 TD's. Steeler nation holds there breath and curses as coc trots on to the field for a punt or kickoff return

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really think Colclough won't be returning kickoffs or punts anymore. I also think some of you are over looking the Chargers. They are a good football team. They should have won yesterday to remain unbeaten. But Marty went back to Marty ball. Early in that game Rivers was making plays and doing a solid job. Late in the game Marty shut Rivers down.

Our Oline better be ready also. The Chargers do have a really good front seven. Their secondary blows but if the Chargers get consistent pressure on Ben then it won't matter. I think its going to be a close hard fought game. I say Steelers win 27-24.

The Chargers thought they played a good defense yesterday against the Ravens, but they haven't seen anything yet. I expect another great game by the defense, and you know Joey's going to be pumped going against an inexperienced QB. I expect a huge game from Troy. I think he'll finally be back to 100%. I'd say a pick and a sack or 2. Rivers gets sacked 4 times overall, and throws 2 INTs. LT gets held under 100 yards. Ben throws for 1-2 TDs, Parker or Davenport runs for another. I don't think Parker will get over 100 yrds, but our totall running game will be over 100. Steelers win 24-16, or 17- 13.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

The chargers will give up on the run way before LT has anywhere near 100

Thread Information