View Poll Results: How will the game play out on sunday night ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensive struggle, points will be at a premium

5 45.45%
  • It's gonna be a shootout for sure, last team with the ball wins

0 0%
  • Neither one, explain.

6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Struggle or Shootout this weekend ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Defensive Struggle or Shootout this weekend ?

We started talking about what we think it will take to beat the Bolts next sunday night in another thread...now it's time to see how we think the game will be played out.

You could see this game being a low scoring defensive struggle based on the way both teams have great defenses and play very physical. Turnovers and Field Position will go a long way in this game.

I don't really seeing it as being a 35-31 shootout type of game either though, perhaps something more along the lines of 21-10, 17-7 type of game.

House of Steel
    24-13 Steelers.

I see this has being a one sided game. The Steelers D is going to have Rivers so confused and turning the ball over everytime he touches it. Rumor has it that Ben had another surgery this week to get his head removed from his ***! So, hopefully he will come out and be the Ben of old and hook with Hines for about 150, then Parker will do his thing! Steelers blow them away and send a statement to league

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd say it's gonna be low scoring with both teams struggling to run the ball. Which QB plays better and makes the least mistakes will determine the outcome of this game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd like to say we win this one going away and force the Bolts to rely on Rivers to throw the ball and we just tee off on him in the 2nd half because they can't run the ball.

I think it'll be an average scoring game. Maybe 21-13 or something of that nature. I think it'll be close going into halftime then the Steelers come out and take the lead and never look back.

I agree with the teeing off on Rivers in the second half. The Steelers D this year seems to come out after halftime fired up and flying all over the field and forcing turnovers! They are definitely a second half squad!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher has a great record in prime time games and if we can get the lead going into the 2nd half, I really like our chances in this one.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think its going to be just like last years game. The team with ball last will win. Here is an interesting note the Chargers only have given up one sack so far this year and that happened on the last play of the game yesterday between the Chargers/Ravens. We must get pressure on Rivers. So our defense better bring the heat Sunday night.

Considering Rivers has only attempted 68 passes, just 2 more than Damon Huard which has logged about 2.5 quarters less than Rivers, I would hope he hasn't been sacked that much. SD hasn't been asking him to do much this year and when he does it's quick drops and get rid of the ball just like Ben his rookie season. Also, SD didn't really have a test until they played the Ravens, their first 2 games was Oakland and Tennessee... not exactly tough defenses.

The Steelers will get to him and often. Not too many teams have been able to stop the Steeler D from getting to their QB, especially when they are doing a really good job of hiding where the blitz is coming from.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah they were exposed alittle bit when they played a good defense. Rivers isn't ready to carry the load of the offense, and nobody should expect him too being basically a rookie. The more pressure we get on him, the more we disguise coverage and blitz's we should be able to rattle his cage. Once we do that, we can take over the game.

Thread Information